I Think I've Turned - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I Think I've Turned

davierobbsagod

i went to a warriors match late last year,very good,whole experience was good,next was world cup v the boks and samoa,I had a ticket for the Australia game but coudn't get off work,now booked up for rome in feb, scotland v Italy ,if I could be bothered to walk to the end of my garden I could watch Div 1 scottish stuff,,(AGSFP).

should I be worried....

I have been to 6 National 1 games so far this season to see my hometown club Howe of Fife. Really enjoy it - great day out down in Kelso a couple of weeks back - some good rugby played by these guys. Playing Edinburgh Accies at Raeburn Place this Saturday, a 5-10 minute walk from my house and a couple of pints in the Stockbridge Tap too. I've had a season ticket for Edinburgh for years now but only go to the odd game I'm afraid, as often as not, it's a chore to watch their games. Glasgow do get more atmosphere at Scotsoun, and I've enjoyed most of the games I've been to there, but I have no attachment to them really. Rome is my favourite rugby trip now, but that's because I'm a boring old and my days of chasing the lassies around Dublin and Cardiff are long gone.

Edited by Pool Q

I have been to 6 National 1 games so far this season to see my hometown club Howe of Fife. Really enjoy it - great day out down in Kelso a couple of weeks back - some good rugby played by these guys. Playing Edinburgh Accies at Raeburn Place this Saturday, a 5-10 minute walk from my house and a couple of pints in the Stockbridge Tap too. I've had a season ticket for Edinburgh for years now but only go to the odd game I'm afraid, as often as not, it's a chore to watch their games. Glasgow do get more atmosphere at Scotsoun, and I've enjoyed most of the games I've been to there, but I have no attachment to them really. Rome is my favourite rugby trip now, but that's because I'm a boring old and my days of chasing the lassies around Dublin and Cardiff are long gone.

I've got an Edinburgh ST as well, and you're right, it's been bloody hard sometimes in the last few years. They're on an upward swing though, slow improvements coming together.

I've heard that from a few folk. I go now and then but find it hard to get past the atmosphere (or total lack of it) at Murrayfield. I did enjoy the game I went to at Meggetland earlier this season. The other thing, and this I purely a personal thing, is that I just don't feel much of an attachment to Edinburgh Rugby, never have really, despite having lived here for most of my life and having played for an Edinburgh club for 5 or 6 years.

Would only rarely watch Rugby if the 6 nations was on TV but in last year or so I've been heading along to Scotstoun to watch the warriors if they play on a Friday night or whenever doesn't affect me getting to the football. Really enjoy it & its a completely different atmosphere than football.

Watched almost all of the WC including travelling down to Elland Road for the USA game.

I'm starting to worry at how much I'm watching!

Football > Rugby :wink2:

On BBC Sport Wales it says Craig Joubert will referee England v Wales in Six Nations nice to see he has been awarded with a big game suppose he will know his way out of Twickenham if there is a fire drill now.

more tae the point he's one of the assistant referees in our game in Dublin

I can relate a lot with this. I have been Glasgow regular since the Scotstoun move. It would seem so much better than visiting a football ground. Good pies, cold beer and decent rugby. Atmosphere can be quiet but no worse than fir Park so I can live with it.

Warriors have such a great club culture. It reminds me of gong to football abroad. Bars and food places ' stay open after the game. So relaxed.

Football needs to get its act together big time.

Is it easy to get into clubhouse before and after game? Going to Trevisio match. First time at Scotstoun.

Yes. It`s a big hall with plenty room. It`s not that fancy but it`s warm and there`s food and drink. You can get a curry and a pint for something like a tenner.

Is it easy to get into clubhouse before and after game? Going to Trevisio match. First time at Scotstoun.

From my time there ,they serve drink in a gymnasium type place,as previously said nothing fancy but warm and when I was there it was prosecco and curry for a tenner.......plus you can get a pint during the game and the pies are no bad either..

During the rugby league season if anyone in lancashire or yorkshire id recommend taking in a super league match. Im in the process of visiting all the grounds..every match andatchday experience has been brilliant. Best so far is castleford.

During the rugby league season if anyone in lancashire or yorkshire id recommend taking in a super league match. Im in the process of visiting all the grounds..every match andatchday experience has been brilliant. Best so far is castleford.

Seconded. Hadn't thought about it before, but Scotstoun does remind me a little of that. A little - crowd demographics, stadium are different at the moment, but there is definitely a club feel. Something Edinburgh needs to sort soon.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking at that list of ref, assistant ref and TMO appointments, it is striking that of the 60 available places across 15 matches, there is not one SRU referee appointment.  Zero.  

Even our refereeing is sub-standard these days! When was the last time a Scottish ref was appointed for a 5 or 6N match (even as an assistant?)  I honestly can't remember one.