New Job For Jim Murphy - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Job For Jim Murphy

Great quote:

"One senior Labour insider who worked alongside Murphy said: Its totally ridiculous. Jim cant even resolve his own conflict - between the belief that hes good and his actual ability.

He was divisive in the referendum and inside Labour. He could start a row in an empty house. The odds on civil war breaking out in Armenia and Georgia have just shortened considerably."

There was a comedian a few years back who said he realised that satire was dead the day that Henry Kissinger got the Nobel Peace Prize - I think this is the Scottish equivalent.

Edited by neilser

Great quote:

"One senior Labour insider who worked alongside Murphy said: Its totally ridiculous. Jim cant even resolve his own conflict - between the belief that hes good and his actual ability.

He was divisive in the referendum and inside Labour. He could start a row in an empty house. The odds on civil war breaking out in Armenia and Georgia have just shortened considerably."

There was a comedian a few years back who said he realised that satire was dead the day that Henry Kissinger got the Nobel Peace Prize - I think this is the Scottish equivalent.

Its a pity that the Labour insider doesnt know what a civil war is though, its an internal conflict between citizens/factions of one country.

They still aren't Asian countries though.

I'm sure we're both not really invested in the outcome of this, but for the sake of debate :ok: and cause i can't help myself :D

Well Turkey(Asia minor) is the gateway to Asia, and Armenia is east of that.

However Europe is getting bigger.

I then went and decided to google it, and it seems it's actually an area of academic discussion whether Armenia/Georgia are European or Asian, so at least we're debating something academics think about lol. Also it seems the CIA categorise them as "Middle East"

So we can agree they dont have a clue.