Scottish Football Museum - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Football Museum

DoonTheSlope

Fancy doing this again sometime soon

First things first. Do SSC members get a discount??

I went when it first opened probably about 15 years ago now and was wondering whether you can still go about at your own pace or do you have a guide talking shite throughout it nowadays??

I went a year or two ago, got a discount when I showed the card, just wandered around. We also paid for a tour which was discounted already when added to the museum ticket, actually the tour was the highlight, even the wife liked it.

Took an Italian mate of mine the morning of the Poland game (my SSC card got us both discounts). Apart from a couple of Poles, it was dead. One of the guys who worked there took us both out on the pitch. Top class service!

I wonder how much it's advertised to away supporters.

Despite potential hangovers, I'd have thought they could attract a fair few in or around match day.

I strongly recommend a visit to the museum and also the tour.

It is a fascinating morning / afternoon for any Scottush football fan at club or international level. There can be a lot of reading, both within the displays and on the boards that are positioned throughout.

The tour obviously includes the dressing rooms and pitch side, but the under south stand roadway can be a surprise to some. If you can , ask your guide go show you the auditorium, not always possible, but it's a great example of why the stadium achieved five star status.

The Hampden cafe is just along from the museum, inside, anyone can visit and there is a lot of photos and info on the walls. Enter Hampden through the main doors ( always a thrill ) tell reception you are going to the cafe, walk to the left, down the stairs, follow the signs, it's a Costa, however I believe the prices are lower than the High St, if not , I always find them very reasonable, depending on the time of day you will always find something to eat, sandwiches, soup, cakes etc. you can always ask for a pass out from the museum to break it up a bit, the museum is not huge, but as stated earlier there can be a lot of reading. The staff in the museum are superb and very accommodating.

Don't forget your camera!

Broon.

I'd like to see the SFA publish visrtor numbers for the museum. I don;t think they make near enough of it as a facility (though I say that without knowing the facts). Just feel they don;t promote it enough to visiting fans (as Fringo alluded to) or even our own supporters. If I'm wrong, hopefully the SFA will let me know.

The pies and soup are good quality from the cafe. Cheaper than match day prices. When was up for work would always pop in for a coffee and if time a wee water around the museum. The tour guide was fantastic when I went round, extremely entertaining.

On par with Millennium stadium tour.