Ssc Renewal Information - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ssc Renewal Information

Debian

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not renewing. Been a member since 1993. Each to their own of course, however, I simply can't understand why anyone who has moaned at ticket prices and renewal prices and is renewing would do it now and not on the 1st of February. I sacked some of the home games last time round as a personal protest at ticket prices. I refuse to be fleeced any longer. To want £45 from me before announcing ticket costs - no chance. I'll get tickets for any home match easily enough apart from England and after being at 80 odd away games am pretty sure i'll be able to secure away tickets should I wish to travel. Cheerio SSC.

So why the rush to renew now? Why not wait until later? Surely the money is better in your account than theirs? If very low numbers renewed now and the SFA saw that mid to end of January only a few hundred or just a few thousand had renewed do you not think they might panic a bit. I very very much doubt they would alter pricing but i'm sure they would at least be extremely concerned.

So why the rush to renew now? Why not wait until later? Surely the money is better in your account than theirs? If very low numbers renewed now and the SFA saw that mid to end of January only a few hundred or just a few thousand had renewed do you not think they might panic a bit. I very very much doubt they would alter pricing but i'm sure they would at least be extremely concerned.

Because I have a cruise to go on at the end of January so getting things out of the way now will let me concentrate on pennies for that come the New Year.

The quicker I spend my wages the less money my wife has to waste on useless Xmas presents. :D:D:D

They won't panic at all. If people don't renew others will take their place and have to pay £50 instead of £45. I've not done it yet but will do it in next few days to get it out of the way.

They won't panic at all. If people don't renew others will take their place and have to pay £50 instead of £45. I've not done it yet but will do it in next few days to get it out of the way.

But that's just it. Where are all these new members going to come from? Membership from last renewal period was down and for the life of me can't see it being greater this time round.

Nonsense. The demand is low at the moment. Big matches will draw crowds but unless we start getting close to qualifying then demand for membership won't increase by much.

If current members didn't renew and nobody had a week before the deadline there would be a rethink. Any business that didn't react to something like that wouldn't last very long.

The problem we have is that there are too many fans happy to bend over and accept what is coming. Indeed there are a large number that want to be first in the queue.

Had seriously considered not renewing this year for the first time ever but come next September I would have probably just been annoyed at myself if I never.

I was the same. I gave it huge thought. But I'm upto 5 points now and I'll be looking to attend at least two aways a year, maybe three if work is good nearer the trips.

The problem we have is that there are too many fans happy to bend over and accept what is coming. Indeed there are a large number that want to be first in the queue.

There are also many fans who don't start crying and whinging every time the SFA or SSC do anything. Many of us think that £2 a month isn't actually that bad a deal and won't bankrupt us so are more than happy to sign up again.

There are also many fans who don't start crying and whinging every time the SFA or SSC do anything. Many of us think that £2 a month isn't actually that bad a deal and won't bankrupt us so are more than happy to sign up again.

Maybe, and you are entitled to your view.

Many more of us are of the view that cumulatively per year it does not represent value for money.

For your fee you are getting:

1. Spammed to buggery by e-mails for stuff you didn't sign up for.
  2. Home game prices that do not stand up to any realistic scrutiny.
  3. Postage prices for mailing tickets that cannot be justified.
  4. Less personal service than at any time since the inception of the SSC.
  5. A diminished level of information about away locations compared to ten years ago.
  6. Treated like a number rather than a customer.

I find it difficult to stomach the lack of success in terms of qualification so far this century, but I get the sense it's going in the right direction.

I get that FIFA/UEFA are manipulating the game to maximize TV revenue and global audiences.

I do not get and cannot accept that our own governing body views the membership as a nuisance shower of headless chickens who are gullible enough to pay any price that they deign to impose on us.

They crossed the saturation point and then some last campaign.

Are you also happy that the SFA don't announce home ticket prices till after the renewal date, even though the dates and venues are all known?

I've renewed I go to away games. I like the wee holidays and guaranteed away ticket. If home tickets are too expensive i just won't go simples. Home games on the whole are shite now anyway, hampden is a pish stadium, the behaviour of some in the stands is embarrassing and compared to 10 years ago the atmosphere is crap. Home games used to be a great day, before during and after the game. Now the whole day experience is gone for me. Just because I'm paying £45 to rejoin doesn't mean I'm bending over backwards, that's like me saying people not joining are just looking to be annoyed about something like slways on here.

Here is my 2pence worth..

£45 for two years to join ssc on paper is not to bad as it gaurentees home tickets and the opportunity to buy away tickets.

In reality tho apart from possibly the England game anyone that wants a home ticket will get one.

Away tickets to an extent are the same situation how many Scotland fans last campaign were in home ends???

So why renew well for me I promised my 2 lads to travel as much as my wallet allows to every home and away game so the £45 brings peace of mind knowing I can pretty much get tickets for any game I wish..... My biggest problem is no so much £45 it's more that we are treated as a number now, it would make more sence to me and probably every other member that ssc members get a decent discount on home tickets even £5 off normal price but we all know we are just cash making machines for the sfa we know they gonna screw us over ticket prices and yes there will be uproar when they announce (eventually) the ticket prices but the harsh reality is they set the price and every single one of us have a choice pay or don't pay... The only way they will listen and drop prices is if no one renewed or bought match tickets and we all know that will never happen so I for one will just grim and bear it as there is all I can do except bite my nose of to spite my face and disappoint my kids. Now I know a few will jump down my throat and say it the likes of me that keeps prices high but tell me and alternative so I can follow my beloved country thro thick and thin without getting ripped off and I will gladly sign up for that