Ssc Renewal Information - Page 16 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ssc Renewal Information

Debian

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and another

20 +years member on 8 points but my times up

I see I'm not alone. I'm 8 points as well and completely forgot about renewals until today and not going bother. My main issue is, someone on here has said there are 35k members, paying on average £40 a pop equals £1.4million. Where does this money go? Should be £10 for kids and £25 for adults which is reasonable and they still have enough in the slush fund for their overseas jollies

A combination of the new crap fixtures dates, our continued underachiving and price increase was always going to turn fans away.

The SFA got away with it last time because it was an exciting group with a realistic chance of qualifying. The finals being in France meant plenty would make it had we qualified.

The England game is the only home game which will be a struggle to get tickets for in the next campaign, so no point joining if you don't go away.

Finals in Russia, Qatar and all of Europe coming up mean fans won't be going in big numbers even if we do somehow make it.

A tough draw with little glamour in the next campaign could see numbers plummet even more.

I would be surprised is there is a public sale for the England game even if membership is only 20,000.

Me too. they will probably offer any spare tickets to SSC members as a "reward" for renewing. They will also be keen to try to stop Scotland end tickets getting into English hands. They weren't bothered about that for the Ireland game but this is a different story.

Why?

Ireland and Poland games show that fans who are willing to travel in large numbers will find their way into the home end. There was plenty of tense situations at both those games, England game would be on another level again. I think the SFA will do what they can to avoid that situation arising, especially after Poland game, and the easiest way to control that risk is to have a "closed" sale to members only.

I have renewed, did so a while ago when it opened up but won't be taking up the season ticket offer as I won't make all home games. The only real reason I am renewing is travelling to Metz, Wembley, Slovenia, probably Lithuania and possible Slovakia. If I wasn't going to away games I probably wouldn't have renewed. Most of my mates who can have renewed.

Ireland and Poland games show that fans who are willing to travel in large numbers will find their way into the home end. There was plenty of tense situations at both those games, England game would be on another level again. I think the SFA will do what they can to avoid that situation arising, especially after Poland game, and the easiest way to control that risk is to have a "closed" sale to members only.

I'm cool with that. It'd make it easier for me to get a ticket.