Ssc Renewal Information - Page 18 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ssc Renewal Information

Debian

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Mox said:

I've renewed purely on the basis of attending the England game at home and will make a decision on the other home games closer to the time. I won't be renewing my membership next time round for sure however.

aye the sfa got a get out of jail card with the England fixture  sure they would have been a lot less joined if it was not for said fixture  

Depending on what our qualifing group for Euro 2020 is will influence my decision on renewing next time.  Euros is our best chance of seeing Scotland in a tournament so if we get a group with a realistic chance we'll qualify I'll give it one more go.  Been a member since the 04 campaign and it's getting a bit expensive for nothing in return.  

4 hours ago, Radian said:

Depending on what our qualifing group for Euro 2020 is will influence my decision on renewing next time.  Euros is our best chance of seeing Scotland in a tournament so if we get a group with a realistic chance we'll qualify I'll give it one more go.  Been a member since the 04 campaign and it's getting a bit expensive for nothing in return.  

Agree Euro 2020 is possible, but what has dawned on me in the past few years is that even if we qualify for a tournament I will never have enough away points to get an official ticket (currently on 3 which is more than normal)

What am I paying for then? A guaranteed home ticket? Has there been a game in recent memory where I couldnt have got a ticket from somewhere.... Not to my recollection, in fact even well attended games in the last campaign had hundreds of away fans who had scooped up Scotland tickets easily enough, so they are obviously not worth the premium that supporters club membership requires.

When I joined it was a friendly travel club with some good perks, now its just a way of the SFA paying the wage bill.  When combined with the ridiculous ticket prices it wasn't that difficult to walk away this time around.

29 minutes ago, hoodster said:

Agree Euro 2020 is possible, but what has dawned on me in the past few years is that even if we qualify for a tournament I will never have enough away points to get an official ticket (currently on 3 which is more than normal)

What am I paying for then? A guaranteed home ticket? Has there been a game in recent memory where I couldnt have got a ticket from somewhere.... Not to my recollection, in fact even well attended games in the last campaign had hundreds of away fans who had scooped up Scotland tickets easily enough, so they are obviously not worth the premium that supporters club membership requires.

When I joined it was a friendly travel club with some good perks, now its just a way of the SFA paying the wage bill.  When combined with the ridiculous ticket prices it wasn't that difficult to walk away this time around.

That pretty much sums up perfectly my thoughts (and many comments I've heard/read) and why I've not signed up again.

Sad but true.

12 hours ago, hoodster said:

This

1 hour ago, Grantyboy1983 said:

Received my membership card and polo shirt today. Have to say the polo top doesn't look too bad.

1 hour ago, Grantyboy1983 said:

Received my membership card and polo shirt today. Have to say the polo top doesn't look too bad.

Got mine too, top is stinking. It's like something Bay City Rollers would've worn 40 years ago ?

29 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Wife called to say our packs arrived today.

Asked about the shirt and she said she would sooner let me out in public wearing the pink away top than in that  :lol:

Is the pink one getting an outing in Prague next month? B)

Has it been mentioned already and/or has anyone noticed not receiving any emails from the SSC about membership elapsing ?

Plenty of email notifications about matches and promotions etc but as renewals come round no gentle reminders etc.

Not that I mind, but you'd think that any organisation trying to retain memberships (and the cash cow) would do something like that.

2 hours ago, fringo said:

Has it been mentioned already and/or has anyone noticed not receiving any emails from the SSC about membership elapsing ?

Plenty of email notifications about matches and promotions etc but as renewals come round no gentle reminders etc.

Not that I mind, but you'd think that any organisation trying to retain memberships (and the cash cow) would do something like that.

Franky, the less crap on any subject received from the SFA's Marketing Arm, the better.

Out of over 400 e-mails received from them in the last two years, about twenty have had any relevance to what I signed up for (away games). 

7 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Franky, the less crap on any subject received from the SFA's Marketing Arm, the better.

Out of over 400 e-mails received from them in the last two years, about twenty have had any relevance to what I signed up for (away games). 

I agree.

It's just seems strange (or maybe not with their recent track record and disregard) at their lack of interest in trying to remind current members about renewals.