Ssc Renewal Information - Page 17 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ssc Renewal Information

Debian

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of allocation can we expect for Wembley?

I will drop down to 5 points by then as I'm not going to any of these upcoming friendlies.

Should still be fine hopefully

From what I have read (on here), there is no longer a set % that the home FA has to give to the away side. With that being the case it will come down to segregation and probably a bit of gentlemans agreement.

It wouldn't surprise me to see England get the 5,000 away allocation that other teams with large supports have got for Hampden and us getting a matching c10%, 9,000 tickets for Wembley.

From what I have read (on here), there is no longer a set % that the home FA has to give to the away side. With that being the case it will come down to segregation and probably a bit of gentlemans agreement.

It wouldn't surprise me to see England get the 5,000 away allocation that other teams with large supports have got for Hampden and us getting a matching c10%, 9,000 tickets for Wembley.

How many did they have at celtic park? That was already enough for them to completely drown out the TA. Edited by thewelk

On 09/02/2016 at 0:01 PM, deecie said:
On 09/02/2016 at 0:01 PM, deecie said:

I would be surprised is there is a public sale for the England game even if membership is only 20,000.

Bring back 2 tickets each, like it was under Kaiser Berti.

No chance that'll happen as it'd mean even fewer joining.

On 09/02/2016 at 2:53 PM, tattiescone69 said:

seems to be a fair whack not renewing but a fair few wanting to join. Probably thinking its the only way for them to guarantee England at home.

Yeah a pumping from England is a real carrot to join 

With that kind of attitude, probably best you don't rejoin. We will pump England.

On 09/02/2016 at 3:37 PM, Charlie Endell said:

Yeah a pumping from England is a real carrot to join 

^^^

Yip, and if you wish to sit in the North Stand that £48 'premium' means you'll effectively be paying £105 for the England game - fvck that.

The West stand is the best atmosphere anyway nowadays hands down. That's where I'll be aiming to sit.

I'm living outside of Europe until shortly before the England home game. I wasn't a member last campaign but will be looking to join again. It guarantees me a home England ticket, which in itself is worth it as I'll definitely want to go and saves any scrambling about before the game. It also should allow me back on the ladder for the Lithuania and Slovenia away games. That then gives me points for hopefully at least a play-off game, potentially at least. If I'm being honest, we probably won't qualify. Sheer pragmatism means I'd rather pay the £50 premium than allow some (relative) glory hunter to attend England at Hampden in my place.

On 09/02/2016 at 10:13 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Likewise.

Certainly the last campaign is my last aa4a regular. Think Wembley will be my only away in this group.

Same here. I will probably get to one, maybe 2 aways, but nothing about the SFA or Scottish football just now makes me want to renew. Maybe if more did the same we might see some sort of change in the people running the game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/02/2016 at 10:51 AM, tartanmartin said:

16,000 renewals at last Tuesday apparently.
definitely looking like a huge drop in membership even if they were to get 20,000.

Neither me nor the wife have received anything about renewal via email post or  even lobbed through the window tied to a brick so that's made it easier to chuck it. 

Last straw for me was paying 45 quid to watch Gibraltar and being stuck in the corner of the south upper while the good seats in the middle sat empty, presumably some sort of punishment for not buying a season ticket.

Been in the SSC for a good 20 years but the team is on its way down into rebuilding mode again so don't see any prospect of success on the park either.  I will still be at the games right enough.