Guns 'n' Roses - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Guns 'n' Roses

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueGaz

We looked at it but £95 a ticket for Wembley, so binned it. I haven't looked at all the dates & locations yet. 

Guest MorayCupMan

woulda loved to gone to slaine castle, especially with royal blood supporting ..was to late in getting tickets plus a little cash strapped the now.

Saw them at download 11 or 12 years ago when they had yon buckethead or bumblefoot plucking the strings...soon as sebastian bach came on with them...i ran..

Guest MorayCupMan
5 minutes ago, giblet said:

going to see them at the Olympic stadium on the Friday night.  Saw them last on the Use your Illusion tour at Wembley early 90s.  Not sure what to expect............

Thats if they turn up

Getting closer to the London gigs.  The realisation that my knees are furked and I will no doubt be heading for the seats for this concert has tempered my excitement to relive my youth.  Anybody know who is supporting them?

3 minutes ago, giblet said:

Getting closer to the London gigs.  The realisation that my knees are furked and I will no doubt be heading for the seats for this concert has tempered my excitement to relive my youth.  Anybody know who is supporting them?

I think they have 2 support acts each night.

The Kills and Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown for London apparently.

Biffy Clyro are doing all of Europe bar Dublin and London for some reason.

You'll love it. They were incredible at Slane. A set just shy of 3 hours and a good mix from the albums and some covers. 

The band looked like they were genuinely enjoying it and interacting well with each other. Obsiously all set for a massive pay day at the end of it all but still... 

Royal Blood were the main support and they were really good too. Some noise for only 2 guys to be making 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hannibal smith said:

I was at the Aerosmith gig in Krakow too a few weeks ago, really enjoyed it. 

I'd always hoped to see Aerosmith at some point but I think they're doing a farewell tour of sorts at the moment so it looks like that horse has bolted. :(  Was the same with AC/DC, I was always going to see them "next time".

2 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

It was brilliant. Only disappointment was I was sitting as couldn't get standing section.

Krakow was great for a long weekend as well. 

55 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'd always hoped to see Aerosmith at some point but I think they're doing a farewell tour of sorts at the moment so it looks like that horse has bolted. :(  Was the same with AC/DC, I was always going to see them "next time".

Aerosmith, AC/DC and Guns n' Roses are the 3 bands I've always wanted to see live. Can't think of any others that I would make an effort to take time off work and travelling to go and see. AC/DC will be the only one left to check off the list. Hopefully AC/DC will still tour. My mates went to see them last year in Prague with Axl Rose singing and they say it was amazing.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

They have enjoyed this farewell tour so much they are talking about doing a 50 year anniversary tour from the date of their first tour in 2020 provided they are all still able.

1 hour ago, drew said:

It was brilliant. Only disappointment was I was sitting as couldn't get standing section.

Krakow was great for a long weekend as well. 

we were lucky enough to get standing tickets and get right down the front.

Yeah Krakow is a great city and we got lucky with the weather too. 

4 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

Saw Aerosmith and The Cult on consecutive nights at the Livingston Forum of all places back in 1989 :o 

15 hours ago, giblet said:

For all you GNR fans. Here is London concert in full. 

Oh Dear, the kids from School of Rock have grown up and Jack Black in on lead - love all the mobile phones in the air - selfish FUNTS.

Dad Rock, and wanky guitar...cannae beat it

Ach well, each to their own.

:huh:

4 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

They have enjoyed this farewell tour so much they are talking about doing a 50 year anniversary tour from the date of their first tour in 2020 provided they are all still able.

Good to know, cheers.