Guns 'n' Roses - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Guns 'n' Roses

If this does happen I would bite my right arm off to get a ticket. Said for years there are only 3 bands I want to see now but they all split and thought dismissed my chance. Luckely stone roses reformed so got to see them twice the others were GnR and pink Floyd.

I do wonder if axl realised how far he had fallen when his new lineup didn't hit the big time the way the early GnR did. Maybe he has realised he needs to put his ego away if he wants to be the big star again and start a gig on time not 2 hours later

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have suspicions they might need the money, got the impression they did not make as much money as their peers.

Slash mentioned Metallica were a money making machine compared to them. Axl would splash the cash on huge post concert parties that no one would attend as they thought he was a c@nt.

Edited by Robroysboy

If this does happen I would bite my right arm off to get a ticket. Said for years there are only 3 bands I want to see now but they all split and thought dismissed my chance. Luckely stone roses reformed so got to see them twice the others were GnR and pink Floyd.

I do wonder if axl realised how far he had fallen when his new lineup didn't hit the big time the way the early GnR did. Maybe he has realised he needs to put his ego away if he wants to be the big star again and start a gig on time not 2 hours later

GnR and Aerosmith for me, who unfortunately rarely come to the UK.

At Axl last gig in Glasgow with his new G n' R was it not something like 10:45pm before they finally came on stage (almost 3 hours after the warm up act had gone off stage)?

A mate was at the gig and said he only saw something like 3/4 songs before having to dash to get his train home.

At Axl last gig in Glasgow with his new G n' R was it not something like 10:45pm before they finally came on stage (almost 3 hours after the warm up act had gone off stage)?

A mate was at the gig and said he only saw something like 3/4 songs before having to dash to get his train home.

Something like that.

To be fair, they did have posters up saying it would be a late show and that you could get your money back if you didn't want to wait around.

I pinched my parent's car to go to the gig as I knew what was going to happen.

Had to pull of the M8 a couple of times so that my incredibly drunk mate could be sick.

I first saw GNR in Manchester in 1992. Axl Rose decided he didn't fancy it so it was cancelled and rescheduled 3 days later. Total tool of a man. Great gig tho, GNR were supported by Soundgarden and Faith No More. Awesome.

I first saw GNR in Manchester in 1992. Axl Rose decided he didn't fancy it so it was cancelled and rescheduled 3 days later. Total tool of a man. Great gig tho, GNR were supported by Soundgarden and Faith No More. Awesome.

don't think they have ever played scotland, before slash split.

was the orginal producer on appetite not scottish?, i remember them having a rant about it post donnignton.

Could be wrong?

Think that was Manny Charton of Nazareth, who produced some of their very early demo's for songs that would appear on the album, but did not work on the album.

Ye that was the trouble with axl once he got famous he thought he could just go on when he felt. Was quite normal for them to be 2 hours late getting on stage

Aye in Slash's book he talks about touring with Metallica and basically saying it was a total rid neck how late he would turn up.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...