Good Luck Bosnia Thread - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Good Luck Bosnia Thread

I dont mostly blame Georgia on Strachan. I think you have to look at the players performances that night.

No plan B, when georgia went one up.

Still think WGS is the right person for the night campaign though, but he is 100% to blame for Georgia. The manager is responsible for the performance of the players. He picks the team, the tactics and if things go well he gets credit for the result. If thing don't go to plan- he must also shoulder the blame.

Thats football management,

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to the Irish. All the guys we met home and away were a great bunch. Jealous that we are not going to France but I hope you all have a great time and put in a performance. We've got no-one to blame but ourselves. Ireland 4/6 from Germany. We got 0/6. Put in a performance when they had to,we didn't /couldn't. All the best to the Irish.

we beat France twice for Euro 2008 - we weren't better in either game - we lucked out

this was Ireland v Germany - they lucked out twice, thats why we were out - so not accepting that Ireland have some msater plan that worked -we carried luck in 2006/07 and Ireland carried it against DEM - some crazy stats in both games amount of chances Germany had. - we did screw up against Georgia & i felt sick as dog - credit to Ireland for closing out the win there

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33543815

72% Possession

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29506564

65% Possession

Good luck to Irleland, but not accepting they got their points on merit against germany - was all luck - same as us against France

Cheers for the good wishes

But while i have no problem accepting some luck was on our side...to say it was all luck is completely ludicrous

Germany away - we put in a fantastic defensive shift and completely closed them out. We restricted germany to long range efforts for the entire game due to this. Even germanys goal came from a long range effort

For the remaining 15 mins when were 1-0 down and chasing the game.....we actually played quite well and went for the equaliser ( not all out attack ) ....but we remainded calm and created a few chances and managed to score at the end

Germany Home - For the first 25 mins...Germany could have 0-2 up....absolutely we were lucky to hold them out for that period because they had us severly on the back foot. Post that 25 mins, we got ourselves in order defensively and managed to keep them at bay. We stepped it up a bit in the second half and then long scored his goal.....long ball goal for sure but if you watch it again , you will see Randolph spotted Long making the run off the german defenders and managed to get the ball to Long with a long kick.

For sure Mueller Missed a sitter with 10 mins.....normally he wud have put that away 9 times out of 10 and we were lucky that he missed it as it was a great chance.

But sorry my friend......to say we got our 4 points against Germany was all luck is completely unfair

I have no problem with Stats been quoted - but if we tried to have the majority of possession against Germany then with the greatest of respect to ye guys....we would have gotten 0 points of 6 against them like Scotland did

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

GTR,

All the best in the Euros & I hope all the Irish fans travelling are safe & enjoy the tournament. I'm truly gutted not to be there but when you go unbeaten at home & take 4 points off the world champions then credit where it's due. A lot of ifs & buts but ultimately when you finish 4th after 10 games you don't deserve it (which was obviously the case for Scotland).

It's a corrupt tournament anyway, us Scots are all about sporting integrity & im certain would have boycotted even had we qualified.