European Cups - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European Cups

biffer

I'm off to the Edinburgh v Grenoble game tonight, Grenoble doing the usual French thing of resting big names in the Challenge Cup, no Gio Aplon for example. Be good to get a decent run again, but top six in the league is more important this year.

Glasgow have put out a strong looking side for their game against Racing Metro, with a very big bench. Be great if they could pull off a win tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

Been watching the European Cup recently and Glasgow seem to be making hard work of the group stage. Great win against the Scarlets at Scotstoun followed up by a pretty poor 9-6 victory, albeit in atrocious weather in the return fixture in Llanelli. Fixtures against Northampton away who beat the warriors in first match and Racing Metro who seem to be storming it will be a difficult ask. I hope they can do it .After the great Pro 12 victory last season the next stage is a good run in Europe. Remaining games may also be a pointer to how Scotland will fare in the 6 nations. Come on Warriors!

:cheers3: :cheers3:

Been watching the European Cup recently and Glasgow seem to be making hard work of the group stage. Great win against the Scarlets at Scotstoun followed up by a pretty poor 9-6 victory, albeit in atrocious weather in the return fixture in Llanelli. Fixtures against Northampton away who beat the warriors in first match and Racing Metro who seem to be storming it will be a difficult ask. I hope they can do it .After the great Pro 12 victory last season the next stage is a good run in Europe. Remaining games may also be a pointer to how Scotland will fare in the 6 nations. Come on Warriors!

:cheers3: :cheers3:

Well, they've got 9 points from the two Scarlets games which is as much as anyone can ask for. The group is really tough apart from that though, Racing are one of the richest clubs in France and finally seem to be getting it together, and Northampton are one of the strongest sides in England. They'll need at least 18 points to go through I think so need to beat Racing at home, win one of their away games and probably pick up at least one if not two bonus points. A very tall order. Losing to Northampton at home makes it really hard to go through.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably right. Northampton away is tough as hell, and Racing will be out for a win at Scotstoun. Unless Carter disappears into the swamp, they're gubbed.

Edinburgh still have a shout of going through but tbh the league is priority this season, so players will be rested this week.

Need investment in some bigger forwards. Hopefully, fagerson will continue to come on, but losing that South African bloke whose name I forget wasn't ideal. Unforeseeable, but he had to go!

I can see all the 6N teams just rolling-mauling Scotland to death. We were pretty poor at defending it in RWC and have been for a few years now.

And then there's re-starts...

Oh well another European campaign over for the Warrirors. Better effort against Northampton this evening who looked there for the taking but a couple of moments of indiscipline cost us dear. I thought the Glasgow scrum looked markedly improved and that some of this may carry over into Scotland six nations schedule. Be nice to see a good turnout at rugby park for the game v Racing Metro.

:wink2: