March/ May Friendlies - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March/ May Friendlies

liviloyal

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? What possible reason do you have to think that?

Even if it were true - and I don't believe it is - why would the SFA wait for interest from other nations who may be playing England, etc., ?

Who does that benefit - not Scotland?

I'd imagine a lot of countries who have qualified are holding off arranging their friendlies in case they are drawn against each other in the finals and that causes problems for Scotland in finalising fixtures but I really don't think that Sweden are saying to the SFA, we'll play a friendly against you if we draw Wales.

Simply because the SFA will be looking to cash in at every chance, and if they can get something like Sweden bringing Ibrahimovic to Scotland, or Portugal etc in basis they might get Wales or NI.

Maybe they have made enquires, but these will be nothing more than that we are looking for a game, to teams waiting to see what the euro draw brings before announcing anything

Edited by wanderer

There's no chance Sweden will ever play us again after we brought over Garry Kenneth to mark Zlatan.

Admin4, 19 and any other Admin around.

Please give this clown a lifetime ban for ever bringing up that Avril masterstroke.

:-))

him and swanson got called up as levein "knew and trusted them" what a nugget, "sorry mate, i'd love to call u up, just cant do it, dont know you, nae background checks been done yet, housty's on to that, maybe round for a tea and a digestive some night for a chin wag before the next squad pal"

swanson was also the most talented player he'd ever managed according to him, aye he probably was considering leveins club teams were full of hammer throwers.

Edited by LewisEDI

Scotland will get loads of decent offers to play matches in May/June.

UEFA limit the number of games that each qualified team can play against each other to 1 in the month before the finals.

As such, Scotland, Norway, Serbia, Netherlands etc will all get loads of offers to play games.

Most teams will look to play 2 or 3 or even 4 friendly games in the weeks before the tournament.

Bet we'll end up playing Wales or the Czech Republic ....... again. Nothing to be learnt from playing those two, we've played them often enough in the last few years. Not interested in Northern Ireland either.

Ukraine, Hungary, Turkey, Albania, Iceland, Romania or Switzerland please.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Bet we'll end up playing Wales or the Czech Republic ....... again. Nothing to be learnt from playing those two, we've played them often enough in the last few years. Not interested in Northern Ireland either.

Ukraine, Hungary, Turkey, Albania, Iceland, Romania or Switzerland please.

Czech Republic would be alright for Slovakia.... We apparently rejected a offer to play Slovakia in 2010 before playing the Czech Republic, as we thought Sweden would be better......

Been to see us play the Czechs in Prague 3 times so would prefer we play another team.

But given their form and proximity to Slovakia I would have seen them as ideal opposition.

Particularly away from home.

Edited by Eastiebeastie

Latvia have announced an away friendly with Gibraltar in March.... that is roughly the area where all the warm weather training camps are held.......

You would imagine they would be looking for a 2nd friendly to make up for the ranking points lost by playing Gibraltar.

It would certainly not surprise me if the warm weather training camp and match were two different trips.

When we played Brazil it was a few days in Spain then they flew into London for the Brazil game.

We could fly anywhere in Europe for the game towards the end of the international week from Spain/Portugal.

Edited by tartanpar

I am sure a lot of games will be announced over the next week or so after the Euro draw.

Today Switzerland announced their 2nd March game against Bosnia and Herzegovina (they have already confirmed Ireland away on the first date).

Yesterday Gibraltar also confirmed their 2nd game too with Latvia the opponents with Liechtenstein already confirmed previously.

It'll be a good test for them hosting international football. It'll be a bit tricky for fans getting to and from there during the World Cup with it being a conclave/enclave whatever the geographical term is

Good point.

That's a genuine reason for playing there! I'm sure the Irish will enjoy it.

Pretty sure the word you're looking for is Exclave.

It'll be a good test for them hosting international football. It'll be a bit tricky for fans getting to and from there during the World Cup with it being a conclave/enclave whatever the geographical term is

A lot of the WC stadiums are over budget and behind schedule, and think Balticas new ground is one of them.

If March then I suspect game will be at Hampden or neutral venue.... If May, could be at a Russians training camp in Central Europe, or a send off match for the Russians in Moscow (or St Petersburg).... Guys behind russianfootballnews and futbolgrad on Twitter think Moscow most likely venue if game happens.