March/ May Friendlies - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

March/ May Friendlies

liviloyal

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the same, why not give people the heads up and save a few quid before the press get hold of it and then airlines putting up prices

1. How exactly do you give people the heads up and not tip the press off, email all 35000 SSC members and tell them to keep schtum?

2. You do know that airline booking systems automatically react to popular flights/routes and put the prices up, there's no-one doing this manually.

Of course, unless you actually meant - why not give *me* a heads up and no-one else.

I thought the same, why not give people the heads up and save a few quid before the press get hold of it and then airlines putting up prices

Everytime you use a search engine like skyscanner to look at a flight then the site registers your IP address as it signals your interest in a flight so it puts it up by a couple of quid each time....it is how they make their money.....always best to research on say skyscanner then use airlines own site

I'm assuming the second game will be on the Sunday?

Not necessarily. This is a friendly week so there's no fixed schedule unlike qualifiers.

If you look at the Czech image, their second game is on the 29th which is the following .

1. How exactly do you give people the heads up and not tip the press off, email all 35000 SSC members and tell them to keep schtum?

2. You do know that airline booking systems automatically react to popular flights/routes and put the prices up, there's no-one doing this manually.

Of course, unless you actually meant - why not give *me* a heads up and no-one else.

Is the game definitely in Prague - on STV they just said venue TBC and the game will be away.

Could well be in a different city or even at a neutral venue.

Neutral venue was my worry given previous chat of a camp. Think they generally play in Olomouc if not in Prague which is a couple of hours away.

Czech chiefs are due to release exact details of the contest in the coming 48 hours, but Record Sport understands Prague is a strong contender to host the game.

Above taken from Daily Record. It appears might be a bit of a wait before confirmation.

Personally would rather wait until heard from SFA. I get the impression one media outlet has picked up on the fixture on the Czech FA website and the rest have just jumped on the bandwagon.

Above taken from Daily Record. It appears might be a bit of a wait before confirmation.

Personally would rather wait until heard from SFA. I get the impression one media outlet has picked up on the fixture on the Czech FA website and the rest have just jumped on the bandwagon.

They probably got it from Twitter like the rest of us.

BBC Radio Scotland just announced it as an away game in Prague on the 24th.

Prague is a great city, but how many times?

I've been there twice since 2008 with Scotland, and once with the missus (also in 2008 before the friendly in May of that year).

J