Jonah Lomu - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Am I imagining this or what? But I seem to remember him playing against England and not sure who it was, Guscott or Carling maybe when he used one arm to drag one of the English lads into touch then stood there pissing himself laughing at the dejected Englishman on the turf.

Pretty sure it was old Jeremy that got scragged. Think he deeply regretted trying to run round Jonah. :lol:

I was sure I had saw that. I just needed confirmation. I can't find the clip online.

I was watching the game on TV when it happened. I remember jumping up as if Scotland had scored when he did it. The sheer power was something else.

Watching him maul England's backs was incredibly enjoyable. :lol:

Was chatting with someone tonight who was really upset about his passing. Turns out that when she was 14 she was diagnosed with the same rare kidney disease. She went through a tough time with initial treatment. Her dad met Lomu at a rugby dinner around that time. Couple of days later, she received a letter and a card from him, saying he knew what she was going thought and to stay strong. As many have said today, a genuinely good person and an inspiration to many. That 30 seconds of action against England alone must have inspired countless kids to take up the sport.

Was chatting with someone tonight who was really upset about his passing. Turns out that when she was 14 she was diagnosed with the same rare kidney disease. She went through a tough time with initial treatment. Her dad met Lomu at a rugby dinner around that time. Couple of days later, she received a letter and a card from him, saying he knew what she was going thought and to stay strong. As many have said today, a genuinely good person and an inspiration to many. That 30 seconds of action against England alone must have inspired countless kids to take up the sport.

That's lovely. As others have said. He seemed like a top, top person.