New Strip Launch - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Strip Launch

Gala Tartan Army (Borders)

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ormond, on 18 Nov 2015 - 3:06 PM, said:

Following Scotland really has reached new lows when we get excited at tickets for a bloody strip launch. :worried:

Indeed. Half our support have become a caricature of themselves.

On past form it will be several free pints plus a free top for all those getting a ticket. What's not to like?

Aye, those at the top aren't daft. Reward us with a few free pints and we'll forget about the constant failure of our National team over the past two decades.

Aye, those at the top aren't daft. Reward us with a few free pints and we'll forget about the constant failure of our National team over the past two decades.

I would hardly have thought that this gesture for 50-odd punters will make up for the pain felt by 5 million people, seeing half of Europe in the Euros, while us and Andorra sit on our bahookies in the summer.

I would hardly have thought that this gesture for 50-odd punters will make up for the pain felt by 5 million people, seeing half of Europe in the Euros, while us and Andorra sit on our bahookies in the summer.

No, but it's the old "Hey, free swally is in town" that grates me instead of making louder noises about the disgraceful way that our National game has been handled the last 20 years.

No, but it's the old "Hey, free swally is in town" that grates me instead of making louder noises about the disgraceful way that our National game has been handled the last 20 years.

If your complaint is with other TA who will go and enjoy a few beers and maybe a free shirt - I say good luck and I hope they enjoy their Sunday night. Why begrudge them?

If I was going there is nothing that could convince me that we desperately need to do something about the huge problems in our game (that our custodians have not addressed - seemingly more bothered in internal power games over the last 20 years). If I had the chance to speak to WGS, I would challenge WGS' view post-Georgia about non-football people's views on how we played. If we'd have won that, we'd have got into the play offs etc - the tone would be massively different, and everything would be rosy. Yet, Euro 2016 would have been a sticking plaster on a broken leg.

The shindig is a PR exercise with minimum impact and exposure - which the SFA don't really need to do. I don't support a sackcloth and ashes approach - don't get me wrong, I'd pay towards getting shot of Doncaster, Regan, Ogilvie at the drop of a hat. But this event will not impact upon the inevitable storm of protests that it faces, and the undoubted price increase that they will levy for the Membership at Xmas.

Wait for that one. Then it'll kick off - allied to the shitty infrastructure and facilities in place across Scotland and our not qualifying AGAIN when every other British Isles nation does.....

I wonder - will the SFA try to retain memberships by saying "Your Membership money goes towards Youth Football", when the original remit of the club was to pay for its upkeep? That is something that appals me - we apparently paying through the nose and the justification will be, more than ever, that we are doing our bit to try and fund the development of young Scottish players? Bullshit we should. That's the SFA's role - not the Travel Club Members.

I don't think there is the slightest chance of that happening. Plus there will be the wrath of Khan awaiting those that are actually fortunate enough to get the tickets and strips :-)

Squirrelhumper, on 18 Nov 2015 - 5:52 PM, said:

Yup.

Grown men creaming themselves about a new strip.

You know the type of guys who'll go to this, the ones who wear their kilt to every event imaginable, wear a glengarry with badges on it and a feather in it, take their bird on all Scotland trips with them and their mates,

The utter gimps of the Scotland support.

I wonder - will the SFA try to retain memberships by saying "Your Membership money goes towards Youth Football", when the original remit of the club was to pay for its upkeep? That is something that appals me - we apparently paying through the nose and the justification will be, more than ever, that we are doing our bit to try and fund the development of young Scottish players? Bullshit we should. That's the SFA's role - not the Travel Club Members.

This is what pisses me off the most, It was for the upkeep of the travel club and the "free" bag of s1te they throw in with it. That was it, nothing else.

Now its for just about every expense the SFA have never mind attempting to fill their bottomless pockets.

They WILL increase prices.

What will we do? Boycott it?

We might complain and put it off for a while, but then we will buy it. This lot know it. They know that if we want to guarentee tickets for away games (England is a plus for them) our hands are tied.

Next campaign is gonna cost around £300 for membership and tickets - and thats just the home games!

They can ram their f'in shirt!

You know the type of guys who'll go to this, the ones who wear their kilt to every event imaginable, wear a glengarry with badges on it and a feather in it, take their bird on all Scotland trips with them and their mates,

The utter gimps of the Scotland support.

Thats also my thoughts, - the look at me brigade !!

joecraigfanclub, on 19 Nov 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

I know one guy going who rarely wears a kilt, rarely takes his wife, doesn't wear a glengarry and won't buy badges off me so you are well out in that instance. Smidgeon of jealousy creeping in here per chance?

:lol:

Jealous of not going to a gimpy SSC event? Yeah, that must be it! :lol: