New Strip Launch - Page 22 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Strip Launch

Gala Tartan Army (Borders)

Got my wee boys Ali express away strip today, sizes on offer were 1-2 or 3-4, he's 2 1/2 but quite big, so went 3-4 thinking worse case it would be good for summer.

It's massive, gave it to my 6 year old cousin, too big for him too. Only slightly too small for his 9 year old big brother.

:lol:

Looks decent enough though, would be interesting to see it side by side with the real one.

Is that the full kit or just the top?

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, going at 40 quid a throw.

every one of them is an unwanted Xmas present according to the seller!

Aye there seems to be two blokes each selling a number of these. Must be very popular to be getting all these Scotland tops for Christmas! And obviously doesn't meet his pals very often as they're all different sizes too! Maybe they forgot what he looks like and what his right size is?

Maybe they're unwanted presents cos they're fakes?

Edited by DaveyDenoon

Yes , overpriced fakes on EBay .The blue is too light and you can tell from the badge colour that the away tops are fakes as well . Total chancers asking £20 to £40 quid for tops that cost £10 with free postage from China .

The photo I seen on ebay looked like the real deal, but they could be posting a pic of a genuine top and sending you a snider.

• 2 months later...

I've got the dodgy adult away top. (Just under £9 delivered)

Not held it side by side with a genuine one, but went in to JD sports for a look and if anything the real one feels flimsier than the fake.

All the detail is spot on. Will need to try them side by side to see if I can find fault with it....

3 hours ago, FANDABBYDOZZY said:

it'll be interesting to see what % of pink tops worn in Prague are the £9 looky looky ones & if there is a big difference to the genuine ones

Unless the colour is different, it will be hard to tell I'd think.

Or maybe it will rain, and folks arms will start turning pink as the dye runs...

ive seen a looky looky home one and the pattern isn't centred like on the genuine one. I've not seen them side by side though to compare the colour, but apparently it's too pale...

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Unless the colour is different, it will be hard to tell I'd think.

Or maybe it will rain, and folks arms will start turning pink as the dye runs...

ive seen a looky looky home one and the pattern isn't centred like on the genuine one. I've not seen them side by side though to compare the colour, but apparently it's too pale...

i hope it disea rain then

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Donaldo87 said:

Anyone got a link for the kids kits on aliexpress? Had a search but can only find adult ones.

I wanted another one, and not been able to find them again.

If you find them, stick a link up.

:ok:

5 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

On the topic of Ali Express, how long did the delivery take to arrive? I was thinking of ordering a gift for someone (hoping it would arrive before the event in seven weeks).

You should be fine with 7 weeks! The longest i can recall any of my tops taking is around 4 weeks. 

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I've bought 3 now.

quickest was about 10 days, slowest about 3 weeks.

I think there was an option for express delivery for a small fee?

IIRC the paid delivery options are all a fortune (like £30 for a £8 strip :lol: )

8 hours ago, Parklife said:

You should be fine with 7 weeks! The longest i can recall any of my tops taking is around 4 weeks. 

IIRC the paid delivery options are all a fortune (like £30 for a £8 strip :lol: )

Thanks.

Haha, yes, I'll take my chances with the Air China free delivery.

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

Get the Pink strip binned. Total embarrasment playing in that. Navy Blue Home, White with Navy Shorts as an alternative, no more poofy tops.

Bin Strachan, McGhee and Regan while your at it.