Scottland Player Transfer Gossip - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottland Player Transfer Gossip

kmcca5

I seem to remember jermain beckford was a revelation in the championship for years and Moyes took a punt on him at Everton and was rarely seen again.

Fletcher was taken straight from the Spl and didn't have to prove himself as such, slogging away in the championship. Probably owes Owen Coyle a lot for having a bit more knowledge on Scottish football and taking him down there. Very few have gone straight from SPL

Fletcher is a natural footballer with an all round game. He's not really a risk, unlike an out and out goal scorer from a lower league.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From sound of things its Marseille just taking the cheap option.

Apparently club is up for sale and though current owner has agreed a sale, they do not want to waste any more money on the team until the deal is finalized (their fans seem to be very underwhelmed with the news of this transfer as they had been promised young players who would make a difference.... not a 29 year old Scottish international who's international record is propped up by 6 goals against Gibraltar).

Hopefully the move works out for him and the refreshing start he needs playing in a different environment,

Where did you pick up that the Marseille fans were underwhelmed? From the little bit of forum chat I've read they're quite positive (albeit a bit naively). They seem to think they're getting some warrior with 'Scottish fighting spirit'. I think it's the beard...

Where did you pick up that the Marseille fans were underwhelmed? From the little bit of forum chat I've read they're quite positive (albeit ta bit naively). They seem to think they're getting some warrior with 'Scottish fighting spirit'. I think it's the beard...

Their main English speaking blogger on Twitter who contributes to goal.com was not impressed and there was a number of folk agreeing with him, but thankfully there seems to now be more people welcoming him today.

Edited by wanderer

So how many people commented negatively including the blogger?

Fair number, but one I was speaking to today says it's not Fletchers fault.... Club are sitting in mid table and are 30 points behind PSG, and was always a case that they would not spend money this transfer window (as said, club was put up for sale for £100m last week), yet fans still demanded a big name to come in..... To chuck Fletcher in at the deep end he has been given fans favourite Gignac No9 shirt.

I liked the quote from Marseille:

"He will not leave you unmoved. He will not go unnoticed. Marseille has added a Scotsman to the mix. And if you know anything about the mentality of that people, you'll know that's good news."

Ha i'd love to know exactly what they perceive that mentaility to be.

Going to be some disappointed Marseilles fans IMO.

Yeah, the hype is a bit over the top, probably for the reasons mentioned by wanderer. Their fans are ignorant enough of scottish football that they're buying it. And to top it off they give him the sacred number 9 shirt. I really hope i'm wrong and he finds a little spark in ligue 1 but at the moment it's more like a lamb to the slaughter.

I'm amazed that a lower half epl has never took a punt on JR. Really strange, or maybe folk in the know don't rate him to get goals in the epl and that's swayed strachan to not pick him.Hopefully he will be up next season as Boro looking good.

Has no pace, limited movement and is carrying a few additional kilos.

He's perfect for Boro as they dominate games and create loads of chances. All he'll need to do is stand in the box. Rhodes will get them promoted but barely play in the PL as he's unsuited to it. A Championship club challenging for promotion will buy him for about the same price this time next year.

Their main English speaking blogger on Twitter who contributes to goal.com was not impressed and there was a number of folk agreeing with him, but thankfully there seems to now be more people welcoming him today.

You don't have a "mate" who's a season ticket holder at the Stade Velodrome to tell you what the reaction is? If only Fletcher joined a third divison club in Moldova, Macedonia or Albania then we could have had reliable feedback from one of your "mates".

You don't have a "mate" who's a season ticket holder at the Stade Velodrome to tell you what the reaction is? If only Fletcher joined a third divison club in Moldova, Macedonia or Albania then we could have had reliable feedback from one of your "mates".

??????? ģet it up ye Wanderer

Sorry to disappoint you..... Don't know any Marseille fans.

Not spoken to Andrew from Moldova who postsd on here in years.... If he did go to Macedonia I would have asked Kristijan who posted on here (was actually speaking to him the other week)..... Don't know anyone from Albania as never been there and never looked at going ;-)

Sorry to disappoint you..... Don't know any Marseille fans.

Not spoken to Andrew from Moldova who postsd on here in years.... If he did go to Macedonia I would have asked Kristijan who posted on here (was actually speaking to him the other week)..... Don't know anyone from Albania as never been there and never looked at going ;-)

Happy to oblige. Spent seven years in Tirana until last summer.

It's unlikely to be at Huddersfield. He is playing competitive football at the moment, incidentally.

Aye, for Sporting B. If Sporting are considering letting him go then that suggests they don't reckon he can cut it in their main team, which, given he has recently turned 20, says to me that he probably isn't going to turn out to be the player we are all hoping he will.

Hopefully it is just a rumour though.

Aye, for Sporting B. If Sporting are considering letting him go then that suggests they don't reckon he can cut it in their main team, which, given he has recently turned 20, says to me that he probably isn't going to turn out to be the player we are all hoping he will.

Hopefully it is just a rumour though.

Huddersfield wanted him on loan in January and didn't get him. Any talk of a transfer is rubbish. The Portugese second division is at least competitive football and better than reserve or u20 football. Next season things need to change, however.

says to me that he probably isn't going to turn out to be the player we are all hoping he will.

it's not looking good for our great hopes. harper seems to be toiling in U20 matches for brighton, gauld has stagnated at sporting, miles off being back in the first team squad and feruz has just done a runner from a team in the illustrious league of Kazakhstan.

depressing

Edited by LewisEDI

it's not looking good for our great hopes. harper seems to be toiling in U20 matches for brighton, gauld has stagnated at sporting, miles off being back in the first team squad and feruz has just done a runner from a team in the illustrious league of Kazakhstan.

depressing

ÃŽts getting beyond parody with that guy. He's got another two years on his contract at Chelsea and based on his recent experiences I doubt he'll play any football for anyone in that period. I only hope for his sake he's been saving his money but I wouldn't bet on it.

"Where it all went wrong" piece in the Daily Record in five years time?