Scottland Player Transfer Gossip - Page 16 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottland Player Transfer Gossip

kmcca5

Manchester United are weighing up a move for Hull left-back Andrew Robertson but Arsenal, Manchester City and Tottenham have also been watching the 21-year-old Scotland international. (Daily Star)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Good bit of business if we can get that done.

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Bargain

Apparently his agent was at Ibrox today. No idea why Blackburn want rid of him - if that's the case. He's captain and under contract until 201 . I'd gladly take him at Ibrox ?

5 hours ago, adamntg said:

Apart from the other one.  Russell Martin is twice the player Grant is at the moment.  

Martin's a better ball player but prone to being caught out of position. Hanley is a mountain of a player and quicker than most people assume. We need a player of his type and he's the only one we have.

4 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Martin's a better ball player but prone to being caught out of position. Hanley is a mountain of a player and quicker than most people assume. We need a player of his type and he's the only one we have.

Fair point. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, The Laud said:

hanleys a bomb scare of a player.Theres always at least one moment in a match where youve to close your eyes and hope for the best.

That was true for the first 2 or 3 years of his Scotland career... But he started with us at 19, and that's way to young for an international centre back.

He's definitely come on to a more consistently solid game for us in recent times. At the moment, for me, he's one of the first names on the teamsheet.

It's interesting that the Hanley haters rarely suggest a player to replace him with. 

He has been steadily improving game by game in the last year. Time is also on his side.

I would prefer to see him stay at Blackburn and not take the easy option of moving to Rangers. That would be depressing.

8 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

It's interesting that the Hanley haters rarely suggest a player to replace him with. 

He has been steadily improving game by game in the last year. Time is also on his side.

I would prefer to see him stay at Blackburn and not take the easy option of moving to Rangers. That would be depressing.

I think there's arguments for and against. Warburton seems to train his defenders to deal quickly with the ball while retaining possession. That may increase his confidence on the ball - he can look hesitant in possession. That said, I don't think Rangers could get him.

Guest allyc
22 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

If Brighton go up, Jack Harper could be a loan option for an SPFL side.

He could but not sure if anyone would take him currently.