Scottland Player Transfer Gossip - Page 17 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottland Player Transfer Gossip

kmcca5

4 hours ago, Kirk said:

Is that what his career hascome to ffs

Hilarious really. Gauld will be back to join him in a few months aswell probably. We are the number 1 for being mugged off about the next superstar/wonder kid.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, JECK said:

Hilarious really. Gauld will be back to join him in a few months aswell probably. We are the number 1 for being mugged off about the next superstar/wonder kid.

Its so disapointing as both looked good, Guald looked like a good move but obviously change of manager etc and its just not happening, would love him to stay abroad even at a smaller team to see how he does as there is ability there. 

Harper seemed to do well for the Madrid unders but going to Brighton seems a huge step down but even then hes not playing so maybe he really isnt that good. 

I think with Harper you have to look at how well Brighton are doing and how many goals they are scoring. Why would the Manager change that team or squad now. next season will be where we find out if he fits into the team.

Gauld needs to find a team like Bannan has where they build a team around him. Again this will take time but i think he will make it.

The thing everyone is missing about Harper is that he's not in Brighton's first team squad, he's in their U21 squad and as far as I know is playing regularly.   When he joined it was clear that was where he was going to be playing for this season. 

A really good article here.  People need to have a bit of patience. 

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/14021547.The_Friday_Interview__Harper_hoping_to_further_his_career_with_Albion_after_six_years_at_Real_Madrid/

Edited by aaid

I'm just back from a couple of days in Brighton. Very unseasonal weather. Brrrrrrrr. The Albion fans I spoke to rate him highly and are confident he'll make the grade. They are also confident of going up to the Premiership and wont just be going to make up the numbers. Used to go to the old Goldstone and have been at the Withdean but never been to the Amex. The people from Madrid over recently were stunned at how good the training facilities are. Brighton are a premiership club in all but name. They also have it spot on with regards to how away fans are looked after. I was told the Amex cost more than the Emirates to build. No idea how true that is. Anyway good luck to young Jack. I'm sure he'll do well.

13 minutes ago, Exglasgowasc said:

I'm just back from a couple of days in Brighton. Very unseasonal weather. Brrrrrrrr. The Albion fans I spoke to rate him highly and are confident he'll make the grade. They are also confident of going up to the Premiership and wont just be going to make up the numbers. Used to go to the old Goldstone and have been at the Withdean but never been to the Amex. The people from Madrid over recently were stunned at how good the training facilities are. Brighton are a premiership club in all but name. They also have it spot on with regards to how away fans are looked after. I was told the Amex cost more than the Emirates to build. No idea how true that is. Anyway good luck to young Jack. I'm sure he'll do well.

Smart ground the Amex, I was down there preseason a couple of years ago.

They have a really good policy whereby they try and encourage fans to stay on for a couple of pints post match.  There is a train station next to the ground but it can get a bit busy so that helps spread the crowd out.

They probably have the best selection of beers I've seen at a professional club and I've heard that they regularly put on guest Alex from the away teams area.

I'd like to see them come up. 

Harper and Gauld still at a good age but the next couple of seasons are essential for their progression and im really concerned for both especially Gauld I don't know how much he will be progressing with a third season in the Portuguese second division - got him loaned out to a Spanish, Italian, Portuguese top division team where he will play regular first team football.

Yeah if they are playing Norwich/Ipswich they'll put on Suffolk ales etc. That was one of the things I was alluding to when I said they cater for the away fans well. Good idea.

Incidentally it is becoming more and more difficult to find a straight person to speak to. And trying to step over the homeless is a bit of a problem too.

People are saying they are young and need time, look at someone like Dele Alli, I think he is just 19 and he is outstanding. This is the difference, other countries have players at 18,19 playing top level football at good clubs, we dont have that at all and it really needs to change.

Just got My Brighton and Hove Albion season tickets for me and my boy. Free entry to under 21s games. Hopefully Harper will start to break into the first team. 

52 minutes ago, Kirk said:

People are saying they are young and need time, look at someone like Dele Alli, I think he is just 19 and he is outstanding. This is the difference, other countries have players at 18,19 playing top level football at good clubs, we dont have that at all and it really needs to change.

Very true.

We also deem a player 'young' till way into their mid 20's.

25 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Obviously doesn't belong in this thread but I'm putting it here anyway - Dundee Utd have released former hot prospect Robbie Muirhead, 15 months after apparently managing to beat Celtic to his signature.

If you don't laugh you'll cry.

According to Kilmarnock fans on here he was going straight for the top, even when he made the move to Utd.

Bizarre fall from grace.

Oh well, sigh....

Edited by ProudScot

50 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

According to Kilmarnock fans on here he was going straight for the top, even when he made the move to Utd.

Bizarre fall from grace.

Oh well, sigh....

Ha I was going to ask about him in here but couldn't remember his name as I'd recalled he was nominated for some Fifa goal of the year or something.  Another one to add to the list of potential but will likely fall into the abyss/journeyman.

37 minutes ago, JECK said:

Ha I was going to ask about him in here but couldn't remember his name as I'd recalled he was nominated for some Fifa goal of the year or something.  Another one to add to the list of potential but will likely fall into the abyss/journeyman.

Started seven games for United, plus another nine as a sub.  Two goals.

9 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Same for Matt Kennedy unfortunately.

Yeah think so, at least they were getting gsme time and experience before moving to heat the bench. They msy not have turned out to be as good as hoped but at least two young prospects would hsve been playing and had a better chsnce.

4 hours ago, paulmcb said:

Darren Fletcher to Celtic has raised its head again.

Where has it raised its head?

1. With no manager in place for next season I can't see the board commiting to what would be a massive wage without manager approval.

2. Massive wage - Celtic will not pay anywhere near what fletcher is on at wba.

3. Why on earth would he want to sign for Celtic?

4. He is under contract at West Brom for another 2 years. They are unlikely to want to sell one of their key men so a significant fee would be required.

Edited by Baz

On 28/04/2016 at 9:01 PM, aaid said:

Smart ground the Amex, I was down there preseason a couple of years ago.

They have a really good policy whereby they try and encourage fans to stay on for a couple of pints post match.  There is a train station next to the ground but it can get a bit busy so that helps spread the crowd out.

They probably have the best selection of beers I've seen at a professional club and I've heard that they regularly put on guest Alex from the away teams area.

I'd like to see them come up. 

And you get free rail travel with your match ticket!

They emailed me the day before I went to tell me that the guest pie at the match would be Jalfrezi.