Ground Spotting By Train - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ground Spotting By Train

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travelling up from Gourock for the Thistle game today I was able to see four SPFL grounds from the train. (Cappielow, St. Mirren, Ibrox and Celtic) is this the most you can see on the journey in Scotland?

If you go from Montrose to Edinburgh via Perth you could see Gayfield, Starks Park(almost touch it), Murrayfield(I know it's not fitba') and Tynecastle just.

If you go from Montrose to Edinburgh via Perth you could see Gayfield, Starks Park(almost touch it), Murrayfield(I know it's not fitba') and Tynecastle just.

You don't need to go via Perth.

Dubar to Arbroath would see the grounds you mention and if you know where to look both Dundee grounds coming over the bridge - not as easy to spot since the old style floodlight pylons came down though. Would also see Easter Road and the old Meadowbank stadium.

Edited by AberdeenAngus

You don't need to go via Perth.

Dubar to Arbroath would see the grounds you mention and if you know where to look both Dundee grounds coming over the bridge - not as easy to spot since the old style floodlight pylons came down though. Would also see Easter Road and the old Meadowbank stadium.

Where are you seeing Easter Road and Meadowbank from if you roll into Waverley?

Why wouldn't I?

The East Coast line goes through Waverley, Haymarket (Tynecastle & Murrayfield), over the bridge to Kirkcaldy (Raith) over the Tay Bridge (Dundee grounds) and onto Arbroath where you see Gayfield as you approach the station.

I edited it. Sorry. I noticed your departure was North from Dunbar.

Thanks. I'm not entirely sure if it's possible to see Dumbarton's ground tucked behind the rock from across the Clyde or maybe even just the floodlights at night to add a fifth one on.

I did the West Highland line in June. I did look for it when passing through but couldn't spot it.

Travelling up from Gourock for the Thistle game today I was able to see four SPFL grounds from the train. (Cappielow, St. Mirren, Ibrox and Celtic) is this the most you can see on the journey in Scotland?

Where an you see parkhead from on the gourock train?

Edited by Baz

Ironic that Forfar's Station Park is the furthest away from any active train line/station in Scotland (but a good trivia question).

It's not. Peterhead's Balmoor is 32 miles from the nearest station (Aberdeen) whilst Forfar is 14 miles from Dundee station.