Early Stansted Flight - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Early Stansted Flight

Grantyboy1983

Anyone else on the 6:45am flight from Bratislava to Stansted on 12th October, morning after game (or any other flight around this time)? It appears that public transport could be a problem getting back to Bratislava after the game if it is played in Zilina or Trnava. I know it's a long time away but just wondering if others are in the same position and how they might be planning to get back to Bratislava in time for flight.

We looked at that option but decided against it in case the game is in another city and any delays occur. We are flying out of Vienna @ 1305 instead (arriving into Stansted 1415). The train is 1h 45mins from central Bratislava to Vienna airport so it still means an early start but it gives us an extra few hours just in case.

We looked at that option but decided against it in case the game is in another city and any delays occur. We are flying out of Vienna @ 1305 instead (arriving into Stansted 1415). The train is 1h 45mins from central Bratislava to Vienna airport so it still means an early start but it gives us an extra few hours just in case.

There is a direct bus from Bratislava to Vienna Airport, takes around 45 mins I think.

Thanks for the info.. I will look into that if it takes half the time. Also there are 1-2 stops on the train so that will be avoided also.

No problem. I've done a few connections in Vienna between train and bus stations. Whilst not difficult, it's still a bit of a hassle.

• 2 months later...
On 21 November 2015 at 10:57 PM, Grantyboy1983 said:

Anyone else on the 6:45am flight from Bratislava to Stansted on 12th October, morning after game (or any other flight around this time)? It appears that public transport could be a problem getting back to Bratislava after the game if it is played in Zilina or Trnava. I know it's a long time away but just wondering if others are in the same position and how they might be planning to get back to Bratislava in time for flight.

Yes, We're on that flight home. Leaving it in the capable hands of DeeRus to get us to the airport in time :spin:

Since OP, I've managed to get a seat on one of the matchday coaches that will be returning to Bratislava after the game (assuming the game is played outwith Bratislava of course). That was my main concern, worse case scenario we will probably have to get a taxi from city to the airport when we get back into Bratislava. I've still to look into it further though to see if there is any other alternative travel options to get to the airport in the wee small hours.