Have The Wheels Come Off - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Have The Wheels Come Off

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the same establishment that ruled over half the world.

Now they're down to the last few colonies.

Scotland is the keystone holding it all together for them.

They've been complacent and arrogant throughout this entire campaign.

They are panicking and have been since the poll came out showing the lead.

It's been scare story after scare story then lovebomb then celebrity them promises and veiled threats.

Yes has been running for 2 years and the people are seeing through this.

We will win this.

In all honesty I used to change daily on what I thought the result would be. I used to think on the whole that it probably wouldn't happen but a week ago I felt the momentum and polls were with Yes and that it could happen. That momentum has seemed to have stalled a bit and if I had to bet my house on it I would say that no will probably win.

Hope I am wrong and that it is just anxiety taking hold.

This is the same establishment that ruled over half the world.

Now they're down to the last few colonies.

Scotland is the keystone holding it all together for them.

They've been complacent and arrogant throughout this entire campaign.

They are panicking and have been since the poll came out showing the lead.

It's been scare story after scare story then lovebomb then celebrity them promises and veiled threats.

Yes has been running for 2 years and the people are seeing through this.

We will win this.

I'm shitting myself. Nervous wreck and done zero work for days...

That pretty much covers it.

That nearly made me greet!! :ok:

What nearly made me greet macy was an old lady on Friday in the town who had voted no and was racked with guilt because she wanted to vote YES, but was scared into voting no by the despicable scare stories of the BT mob.

The old biddy has to live with that for the rest of her life.

What made me angry was hearing on Sunday that alleged voting form assistants had helped one YES volunteers elderly relative in a care home fill in her postal vote. Low and behold before she knew it she had voted no when she had wanted to vote YES all along.

That will surely be the work of the labour scum.

Someone on Facebook said the snp has ruined his country by causing all this division.

This whole referendum has seen unbelievable convergence. Scots uniting and finding it well...joyous. Independence is an incredibly unifying force. It is magnetic and seems to attract the people you'd want to sit with.

If you had three options on the ballot (a daddy independence, a mummy independence, a baby independence) you would get roughly a third a third a third.

It is the way people are, they know this, this is why they are now tampering with the result by trying to backdoor devomax on as a 3rd No vote.

Vote No get Devomax...we promise.

It is so right in front of your faces I am staggered to be honest.

What made me angry was hearing on Sunday that alleged voting form assistants had helped one YES volunteers elderly relative in a care home fill in her postal vote. Low and behold before she knew it she had voted no when she had wanted to vote YES all along.

That will surely be the work of the labour scum.

Was visiting my mum in her care home at the weekend and overheard a woman in the room next to hers.

She was helping her elderley father cast his postal vote. She asked what he wanted to do and he said he wanted to vote yes. Cue a massive rant from the daughter that culminated in him being railroaded into voting no.

Sad to see.

Surprised at the negativity tonight. Even had 3 No voters at work today individually saying to me that they conceded that it was over and Yes were going to win comfortably.

Still lots of people moving to Yes over the last few days. Confident we will get 55-60 % Yes Vote.

Just heard another snippet of Cameron's speech - no UK pensions and no UK passports if we vote Yes. Again utter fecking rubbish - once you've got the right to a UK passport or pension you don't lose that right merely by virtue of where you live.

The Union's as good as over and he knows it.

My mum told me tonight that she was speaking to one of her friends and that friend said that if there is a yes vote the price of beer would go up.She said that if its £5 a pint in london which it is then it will be £10 a pint in scotland after independance.I about fell of my bed and had a wee rant about the scare stories. :yikes3:

Depression? We had over 30 volunteers turn up tonight to do canvassing, sign erecting etc... At the YES shop in Cambuslang ( despite the local Orange brigade attempting to intimidate campaigners over the weekend). It's all positive and everyone still on a high from the success of Rujtherglen Main St on Saturday, Buchanan St on Sat afternoon and the cavalcade on Sunday. If you sense deflation I'd urge you to stop watching the telly, that biased shit will deflate the life out of you!

I know plenty of you are out working hard, and have been for a long time in this campaign. So have I, and this is not a gee up or an attempt to push for abit more in the last couple of days. I have been involved in political campaigns and elections since I was a kid, so 40+ years. I am as confident as I have ever been of a win, and I don't meant by 51-49%. I expect us to win by a decent margin and at the very least, by 55-45, probably more.

It's not just the numbers in polling we are getting, it is as others have said, who a lot of these yes voters are. People who I have debated with all my life are now not just yes, but as committed to it as I am, and angry too.

I also have had a long conversation with someone just this weekend,which is a follow on from a previous one last weekend, and with someone well connected and who I trust completely that has told me the BT internal polling is showing a clear win for yes, and they know they cannot recover the ground. Keep the faith and pile in the work in last 2 days!