Have The Wheels Come Off - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Have The Wheels Come Off

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this horrible feeling that things are turning sour, from things on here and tv to my mate canvassing in cambuslang who had a bad night. Please someone tell me not to worry.

What was a bad night?

We had 65% Yes tonight but I did have a few 'probably voting no' due to what they have heard on the BBC and media. With a balanced media these people would be Yes.

What was a bad night?

We had 65% Yes tonight but I did have a few 'probably voting no' due to what they have heard on the BBC and media. With a balanced media these people would be Yes.

This is why if it's a no there will be a reaction from Yes people. Not sour grapes but because they will have won with lies and deception.

If we're looking for signs of desperation to see which way the vote will go then it's a stick on for Yes - Cameron's lost the fecking plot. He was going on in his speech tday about there being no consular assistance from British embassies abroad for Scots. What pish!

For a kick off the EU rules oblige him to provide assistance for EU citizens (which we'll still be) but more to the point we'll still be British citizens - you don't lose that citizenship merely by living outside the UK. That's the whole sodding point of embassies in the first place.

Sheeeesh...

I truly feel that the fear of "What if" will see a NO.

I have sensed this over the last 48 hours.

Please let me be wrong.

Okay your wrong.

I've been helping out at our local YES stall for the last 3 days and it has been manic. Even today in the drizzling rain people, mostly women, have been coming up asking for car stickers, posters and signing the declaration.

People who you'd not even suspect we're YES voters. Trust me it's happening and they're, mostly undecideds, reacting to the threats and bullying emanating out of the press.

By the way the Declaration for Independence has been signed by nearly 1.4 million people.

Don't be down-hearted the polls are deliberately trying to sap your energy and keep the markets from panicking, thus stopping the no side panicking.

Go out there and get the last few voters for YES.

Good luck.

Edited by antidote

Informed choice? Know one knows the information and also even under the most generous proposals Scotland would have 40% control over finance and the overwhelming majority of other powers remaining in Westminster. How is that Devo 'max'? It isn't even Devo middle!

10696325_10153166297411038_4968716731587

Well that is an attempt to introduce Devomax onto the ballot at the last minute in an attempt to spit the Yes vote.

This is not a fair vote, this is too much.

They have broken every rule in book.

If it is a No they can go fukk themselves.

What little movement there has been on bookies odds today has all been toward yes.

To be honest today feels a little calmer after the scenes of the weekend, concert, buchanan st etc.

The big push will come again with polls on tues/ wednesday. Polling companies reputations could be on the line jf they badly misjudge the end result so these could be very interesting

Okay your wrong.

I've been helping out at our local YES stall for the last 3 days and it has been manic. Even today in the drizzling rain people, mostly women, have been coming up asking for car stickers, posters and signing the declaration.

People who you'd not even suspect we're YES voters. Trust me it's happening and they're, mostly undecideds, reacting to the threats and bullying emanating out of the press.

By the way the Declaration for Independence has been signed by nearly 1.4 million people.

Don't be down-hearted the polls are deliberately trying to sap your energy and keep the markets from panicking, thus stopping the no side panicking.

Go out there and get the last few voters for YES.

Good luck.

That nearly made me greet!! :ok: