Natalie Mcgarry Snp Mp & £30K - Page 13 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Natalie Mcgarry Snp Mp & £30K

It's the politician I feel sorry for. Heart warming to see so many people rush to her aid after she tries to start an argument, fails at making her point, gets caught using doctored screenshots. Poor Natalie. That well paid job. The family relations in the SNP, the public endorsement by party leader at GE, the £30k in Women For Independence. Poor lamb still yearns for attention and then *boom*.

Poor lamb still yearns for attention and then *boom*.

that could describe you Alan with aw the keech you post on here.....

JK and the Spanner dude are acquaintances /pals, they send each other b/day messages. etc etc ....

JK is coming out of this a bit of a cow, Nat comes out of it a bit naive/stupid

How do you get thru the day not really knowing what goes on... anywhere, at any time,,,, about anything.....

"J. K. the nation's sweetheart and national treasure" my arse !

She is the enemy and I'll say once again, I hope she packs up and pisses off to America soon.

And before the TAMB's resident BritNats start - it's not because she's English. I absolutely love England and the English people. Indeed, I was proud to campaign for Scottish independence alongside like-minded local English folk.

The reason I dislike Rowling is because she's an aloof, sneering bitch who claims to love Scotland but only for as long as we know our place, don't ask for too much, vote Labour and let others do our decision making for us. We are in her eyes a bunch of primitive natives who need protecting from ourselves.

Her works pale in comparison to J. R. R. Tolkien - a.k.a "the guv'nor".

I'd also add that whilst Natalie McGarry comes across as a nice enough person and has plenty of enthusiasm for the cause of Scottish independence, she's not cut out for the job and with hindsight they made a big mistake selecting her as a candidate.

Very true - especially in Sturgeon's own constituency. I kind of wondered at the time whether the idea was almost for Sturgeon to help her out since she lives in the area but clearly that wasn't the case.

Said it before the referendum, said it since; said it before the general election, said it again since. McGarry has always been trouble waiting to happen. That she was selected as a candidate and clearly has friends in high places should always have been seen as proof that the SNP is no different to every other political party.

Said it before the referendum, said it since; said it before the general election, said it again since. McGarry has always been trouble waiting to happen. That she was selected as a candidate and clearly has friends in high places should always have been seen as proof that the SNP is no different to every other political party.

I didn't know her, but my fear was putting that many new MP's in seats would produce zoomers.

I didn't know her, but my fear was putting that many new MP's in seats would produce zoomers.

She was obviously a zoomer long before she was selected though. What worries me is that it's party hierarchy that helps get these people through selection - see Michelle Thomson/Micheal Stewart carry-on. The number of new MPs isnt the problem, it's just that the SNP are no different to the rest.

She was obviously a zoomer long before she was selected though. What worries me is that it's party hierarchy that helps get these people through selection - see Michelle Thomson/Micheal Stewart carry-on. The number of new MPs isnt the problem, it's just that the SNP are no different to the rest.

I didn't know her till she was elected.

Aye, i'm describing what i thought at the time though, that out of all the new MP's we'd have zoomers, I didn't know then what i know now. :ok:

As in most aspects of life these things are relative. OK, she seems to be a bit of daftie and there will be plenty folk in the SNP regretting that she got selected as a candidate, but I like to try to put these things into some sort of perspective. In a country where we have elected potential war criminals, ex terrorists, peadophiles, folk who like to physically fight with other folk (sometimes the police), folk who drunkenly fall about in the streets pishin' their own breeks, I'm not sure she ranks that highly on the scale of zoommerdoom. OK, she has done some daft stuff on twitter and may, or may, not have mislaid some money that didn't belong to her (these investigations seem to take an awfy long time) but in the overall scheme of things it's fairly minor stuff. Her worst fault, in the minds of the media, is that she is/was SNP.

At the time she was selected as a candidate I would imagine very few folk thought she would actually get elected. Especially Mags Curran. :lol:

If it turns out that the media aren't holding back loads of stuff for a more opportune moment, and this turns out to be the worst they have got, then it would seem that the SNP did not too bad a job, overall, with their selection procedure. As you say it was probable that a few zoomers would slip through the net.

If it turns out that the media aren't holding back loads of stuff for a more opportune moment, and this turns out to be the worst they have got, then it would seem that the SNP did not too bad a job, overall, with their selection procedure. As you say it was probable that a few zoomers would slip through the net.

Apparently an old flatmate of Steven Paterson from his student days 20 years ago was cold-called by a tabloid journalist looking for dirt.

They really are digging as they can.

Apparently an old flatmate of Steven Paterson from his student days 20 years ago was cold-called by a tabloid journalist looking for dirt.

They really are digging as they can.

I am a wee bit surprised that they haven't come up with some more interesting stuff than what we've seen already.