Natalie Mcgarry Snp Mp & £30K - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Natalie Mcgarry Snp Mp & £30K

Sneaking under the radar in politics today is Nigel Lawson saying the police should stop investigating historical cases of child abuse, instead of moaning about cuts to funding...

There's levels to ######ishness.

Its takes a special level of ishness to say shit like that publicly, and even more so to believe it.

In just 6 months 2 MP's under police investigation. This feels like the end days of John Major government in 1990's.

To the 54. Who will cause 53?

Quite right to try and make capital of this. We would be all over whatever party you support.

In fairness to McGarry, she does appear to have some principles. Some. I dont think you can ever accuse an SNP member of being a career politician, chasing the easy money and the trough. Until this year it was a thankless task and the Women for Independence initiative was one of the better and (supposedly) cleaner campaigns during the referendum. I admire her for that at least. But aside from that, she's not MP material in terms of maturity and stature. Far from it. And I can honestly say I've never thought had concerns that she might be linked to something like this so this is somewhat of a surprise.

She's someone who could have done a power of good working behind the scenes for another candidate. By all accounts she is a good organiser and could have done someone a bit more worldly and streetwise a great turn as their election agent. I first became aware of her through her blog, which, in complete contrast to some of the nonsense she used to Tweet, was lucid, well written and thought provoking. A bit like our old friend Wings, in that regard.

Part of me feels sorry for her. Her family and so-called friends ought to have had a quiet word with her and advised her where her talents lie. Maybe they did, but her small army of sycophantic Twitter followers persuaded her of what she wanted to hear instead. It is sad watching someone so hapless and hopelessly deluded being ripped to shreds in public, like some wide eyed but tone deaf hopeful being destroyed by Simon Cowell in the preliminary rounds of X Factor.

Lots of young and inexperienced SNP Westminster MP's are learning very quickly how ruthless politics can be.

Come now, if you surround yourself with an aura of sanctity which many SNP members and representatives have and then get found out to be a disgusting trougher, the fall is going to hard and ruthless. This has absolutely nothing to do with politics, it has everything to do with corrupt individuals.

Come now, if you surround yourself with an aura of sanctity which many SNP members and representatives have and then get found out to be a disgusting trougher, the fall is going to hard and ruthless. This has absolutely nothing to do with politics, it has everything to do with corrupt individuals.

Time will tell but surely even she, who had sole access to the account, wouldn't be stupid enough to make off with £30k and expect no one to notice.

Would she? :unsure:

I voted YES and have voted for the SNP recently (former SSP & Labour) but I could never join any political party.The disappointing thing for me is all the people who say "They're all the same" can turn round and say I told you so.

The SNP have become far too big too soon and they don't seem to be handling it all that well at the moment.

Next year my choice will be a horrible narcissistic ##### for the SNP or an IRA loving nose in the trough fat kent who makes up stuff to the police about songs my fellow Aberdeen fans sing at Parkhead,a feckin rich Tory twat from Bothwell and a middle class racist honky from UKIP.

I think i'll just go in and scrawl bawbags across my ballot paper

Whatever's happened to innocent until proven guilty?

The Daily Heil have already had her hung, drawn and quartered already this morning.

that's an agreement between the state and an individual, not between individuals.

the courts have to adhere to that, no one else does.

Edited by phart

The £30k quoted by the record is almost double the true figure as per analysis by Wings. I understand the early days of WFI were full of enthusiasm and energy but lacking in governance. Everyone on the board has to take a part of the blame for that. There should be an audit trail for most of the money from PayPal and the bank account. Cash payments though will be more problematic if there were no receipts. I don't believe there was pilfering nor that cash payments could be in the region of £16k so I reckon the accounting examination will get to the bottom of it.

The £30k quoted by the record is almost double the true figure as per analysis by Wings. I understand the early days of WFI were full of enthusiasm and energy but lacking in governance. Everyone on the board has to take a part of the blame for that. There should be an audit trail for most of the money from PayPal and the bank account. Cash payments though will be more problematic if there were no receipts. I don't believe there was pilfering nor that cash payments could be in the region of £16k so I reckon the accounting examination will get to the bottom of it.

Were forensic accountants ever instructed?

To be honest, we're hardly talking Lehman Brothers here. It's a paypal account. It shouldn't need a forensic accountant, or even an accountant, to untangle the ledger. IMO, if McGarry couldn't account for thousands of pounds within 5 minutes, there's something not right. As much as Im not keen on her, and I would really, really love for the media to have egg on their face, I'd be absolutely stunned if she's proven to have done nothing wrong.

The £30k quoted by the record is almost double the true figure as per analysis by Wings.

Speculation of the true figure by Wings you mean? Gillian Martin put the figure at £30k, I don't think she'd have reason to stick the knife in to a fellow SNP'er but who knows what's went on behind the scenes.

Nasty misogynistic bully Tommy Sheridan has backed McGarry and called WFI, erm "Nasty bullies". There you have it, she's feckin' guilty. :lol: