Creepy, Or Just Being Daft? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Creepy, Or Just Being Daft?

I had a great laugh checking out the miserable state my exwife's new beau lives in as his house is up for sale on Rightmove across the street from me, and I couldn't stop myself having a peek....as you do.

What i found particularly creepy was some ­frame­d prints of my daughter who is about 1 or 2 years old in the prints (she's 5 now), that I guess he'd took on days out, etc, which would have been taken before our separation/divorce.

Does anyone else find that rather odd, having photos up in your house of another mans child? No pics of the ex-wife or anyone else of family or friends of any significance, just my wee one.

Whaddya think?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in no way going to take the piss Stevie, I don't know what you went through to get to where you are now... But that's probably not what some would deem normal behaviour. Maybe time to take a step back or talk to someone. PM away if you need to, you'll love me, I'm lovely :ok:

As for the pictures, many people buying a house will do so with family in mind, seeing children will put them at ease. They will be viewing the property with a mind that it could be their family home, photos of couples and entire families will take away from the personal side of things.

The estate agent will have requested the child's photos remain prominently on display while others are removed. It's all psychology.

If he doesn't stay with your ex, then that is simply nae right. I'd be over booting the guy's arse.

Tough one. This was my initial reaction but there may be a lot of 'what ifs' ? Like maybe the guy is commited to being a solid partner to the ex, and is stepping forward in good faith to help raise the wee one? It could be a really good thing that she will have another excellent role model/carer ?

Impossible to say without knowing all the ins and outs.

As for the pictures, many people buying a house will do so with family in mind, seeing children will put them at ease. They will be viewing the property with a mind that it could be their family home, photos of couples and entire families will take away from the personal side of things.

The estate agent will have requested the child's photos remain prominently on display while others are removed. It's all psychology.

I would've actually thought any decent estate agent would ask that pictures of children be removed (as per tv where they are pixled out). The world is full of horrible, creepy bastirts.

In saying that, my pictures of Willie Miller might not provoke a rush for a sale.

We recently sold and were told to take down all family photos so not sure it's a selling technique (maybe different agents have different ideas). His house is currently in the public domain - so you haven't done anything wrong and you've probably done what most would do in having a wee peak. Would end my interest there though and certainly wouldn't bring up the photos and how you saw them. I would suggest that your ex-wife put the photos up herself.

Sounds reasonably normal to me.

I know that you probably won't like the guy (how much might depend on the timeline?) but is it not just that your daughter comes as part of the package with your ex, and he's making an effort to create a new family?

Unless you have had any other alarm bells, it doesn't sound particularly creepy to me, although would probably be a weird (or upsetting) thing for you to see.

I'm sure our photos that you could see in the estate agents photos were out of focus, but that sort of stuff is probably just down to the estate agents preference.

Are you serious ? How would you have seen the photos ?

Do you have an amicable relationship with your ex ?

How does anyone, male or female, have the energy to have an affair, with a small child to look after ? Genuine question.......even if I wanted to, I would be physically and mentally incapable of conducting any secret liaisons due to my 2 and 4 year olds running me absolutely ragged.