Creepy, Or Just Being Daft? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Creepy, Or Just Being Daft?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thread. Was just talking about this last night with my missus.

I'm now at the age where I'm seeing some friends where the wedding and kids dust has settled and they are on to their next relationship.

Sad when there's kids involved. My Uncle is going through a divorce as well, one lad at uni and one in secondary. Turns out his missus (my auntie by marriage) was having it off with a richer older man, she's flown the coop leaving him with the boys. The older lad is raging and won't speak to his Mum.

Feckin terrible situation. He's having to sell the house, etc.

J

Good thread. Was just talking about this last night with my missus.

I'm now at the age where I'm seeing some friends where the wedding and kids dust has settled and they are on to their next relationship.

Sad when there's kids involved. My Uncle is going through a divorce as well, one lad at uni and one in secondary. Turns out his missus (my auntie by marriage) was having it off with a richer older man, she's flown the coop leaving him with the boys. The older lad is raging and won't speak to his Mum.

Feckin terrible situation. He's having to sell the house, etc.

J

Degree, wedding, kids, divorce, wedding

The modern formula for life.

Actually very good for the economy

Degree, wedding, kids, divorce, wedding

The modern formula for life.

Actually very good for the economy

My catchphrase when talking to my mate who is going through divorce seems to be "every cloud", he's not seen 1 episode of xfactor this year!

Never thought of the economic argument, not sure there's a silver lining for him on that one, spunking his savings furnishing his new place.

I'm in no way going to take the piss Stevie, I don't know what you went through to get to where you are now... But that's probably not what some would deem normal behaviour. Maybe time to take a step back or talk to someone. PM away if you need to, you'll love me, I'm lovely :ok:

Taking the piss is exactly what you've done! Either that or your deluded, which would appear to be the case judging by the way you finished your post, after opening with such an insult. You even mention PM, did it not occur to you to offer your wisdom and help by way of a pm?

Looking at the listing is perfectly normal due to the man being in your thoughts by default due to the situation, as is his home due to being in such close proximity and more importantly because your daughter frequents the property. Had you not looked I would say that would be more abnormal, including going against the standard thinking patterns of the brain.

Protective I'd said.

I'd say exact same.

As for the estate agent asking for such pics to be on display - that's highly unlikely, standard advice is to declutter and depersonalise.

Whether you have something to be concerned about is another matter but it's better to be aware and looking out for any signs of something untoward as opposed to being oblivious. Ideally you would know how the pic got there. The ex / bitch putting it there would be the best case scenario but I can't help but think she'd be likely to stick up some other pics at the same time, most likely of the new couple together as is often the case with women, particularly at the start of a new relationship.

Hats of to you for posting as you have on here and approaching / speaking about it as you are. Assuming the most positive position possible is always best in such situations and often easy to do, if you are able to look at things from a perspective different to the 'norm'. Many people fall apart when faced with such situations, sad at the best of times but even sadder when you realise finding out is actually a cause for celebration, ie you found out now, not next year, not next decade, not on your deathbed etc Finding out allows you to move on, away from such a toxic individual. The only person person that has shame in this is the ex and her new partner to a lesser extent but he excels by taking up the position of biggest idiot in all of this, as he'll be the next one in line for some of her medicine as the new partner, therefore he's to be pitied more than anything!

At this stage i'd suggest it best to keep up your role of being a protective parent and see what develops. If you are in the dark from here on in, approaching the ex with any concerns may be an option, alternatively speaking with your daughter would be another. The success of both will depend a lot on the right approach. If ever going down the route of the latter, I'd recommend accessing some professional advice as to how best to approach such sensitive matters. I'm sure there will be many good books available that will cover this as there will be parenting forums covering same.

I wish you well with this and mucho happiness.

All the best.