Megadrive: 25 Years Old Yesterday! - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Megadrive: 25 Years Old Yesterday!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the Mega Drive Collection for my PS3 a few years ago - brought back some great memories! Sonic still stands up amazingly well.

Jungle Strike, Sensible Soccer, Speedball 2 & Road Rash were my favourite games. Evander Holyfield Real Deal Boxing is also one that sticks out, even though it got badly reviewed at the time.

The way Sega went about marketing the Mega Drive changed gaming & made it cool - remember all the celebrities who appeared on Gamesmaster!

I'd say it's still the greatest thing ever made.

If only there was a book with a whole chapter dedicated to said console...

http://tinyurl.com/pfg3t7n

Never heard of it!

I shudder to think how many teenage hours I wasted enjoyed playing these 2!!

51wGlP%2Bq0rL.jpg

I used to play my dad at this but I'd set my guy up as a CPU character with the highest skill level and just pretend I was playing... :lol:

You got a link? Assuming it's you and not Robert Florence as I need some extra ###### bank material.

:lol:

Maybe best I don't link it, we've a fair bit in common and wouldn't want to discover you're my doppelganger.

I mention in the video that the MegaDrive was the first console in our house following a ZX Spectrum and an Atari 2600.

Edit: Never mind, just read it was an Amiga not an Atari... We couldn't afford an Amiga until later.

Edited by Scunnered

I went down the other path. Commodore 64, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N64.

Best mate had the Spectrum, Sega Master System (remember Alex the Kid? :) mega drive so we got the best of both worlds.

Italy 90 was my favourite for the mega drive. Used to always go West Germany. For some reason the sub keeper was super human. He had all of his attributes at the highest limit. Aumann his name was I think. Just had to sub him in and you were guaranteed a clean sheet.

Weird what you can remember eh!!