Hoovers - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've missed the boat Flora (maybe). They recently changed the legislation banning all high powered cleaners (over 2000W maybe). Some pish about saving the earth. Dyson himself spoke out against it at the time saying it was f###ing pish. I went out and bought a beast at the time which I have moth balled for when my current goes tits up. That said you might find a non castrated one somewhere. Not sure how long it takes to phase them out of stock.

Why do folk pay mad money for Dysons anyway is it worth it? I saw one of their washing machines in a shop window 10-15 years ago and was gobsmacked that it was over a grand.

Edited by thplinth

Did you get her a real present too?

:lol:

If my wife bought me a lawnmower I'd be raging (and not because we live in a flat! :lol: )

:ok: You got me. We were about to sell our flats and get a house together, so in the run up to Valentines Day she said we needed a hoover more than a Valentines present. Couldn't resist. When she came home from work to my place I had the Dyson standing in the living room and all I had on was boxers, a bow tie, and a rose between my teeth :blush: .

When she stopped laughing she got her real present of Agent Provocateur lingerie and I better stop the story there. :wub:

That, Flora, is why I'm punching above my weight, and why she married me. :cheers3:

Edited by killiefaetheferry

Go mad and get her a v6 animal. Cordless and very light. Loads of extra tools with this offer.

http://www.dyson.co.uk/drtv/v6-animal.aspx?utm_source=PRESS&utm_medium=Offline&utm_campaign=DRTV-V6Animal-SAVE50

Finally, input from a female poster, good to get an expert view :wink2: .

Edited by Charlie Endell