Gary Neville - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

I don't mind Neville and actually quite admire his bottle and attitude towards taking the job in the first place.  Any young player trying to make it in the game should read his book. 

Disaster of an appointment mind. 

:ok: 

2 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

I don't mind Neville and actually quite admire his bottle and attitude towards taking the job in the first place.  Any young player trying to make it in the game should read his book. 

Disaster of an appointment mind. 

He was appointed by his business partner and it was nepotism of the highest order. The only person who has shown bottle and attitude is his business partner for sacking him. For some reason everyone has had a hardon for him the last few years when the fact is he spoke a remarkable amount of guff when he was on TV. 

6 hours ago, Mox said:

He was appointed by his business partner and it was nepotism of the highest order. The only person who has shown bottle and attitude is his business partner for sacking him. For some reason everyone has had a hardon for him the last few years when the fact is he spoke a remarkable amount of guff when he was on TV. 

In what sense?

I know it's a popular opinion, but his analysis with Carragher was generally excellent I thought.

Ridiculous appointment mind you, especially when the fans already disliked the owner. 

6 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

In what sense?

I know it's a popular opinion, but his analysis with Carragher was generally excellent I thought.

Ridiculous appointment mind you, especially when the fans already disliked the owner. 

north west of england accents are awful

tbh i just watch the football and have never understood why people need to be told what they've just seen

a couple of dolly's with massive cans would be better surely

9 minutes ago, dan cake said:

north west of england accents are awful

tbh i just watch the football and have never understood why people need to be told what they've just seen

a couple of dolly's with massive cans would be better surely

Football fans like people talking about football, whether it's on Tv, radio or newspapers. Even if they are bad at it, which I don't think Neville is. 

14 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Football fans like people talking about football, whether it's on Tv, radio or newspapers. Even if they are bad at it, which I don't think Neville is. 

you bash on mate, iv nae interest in listening to some ex player slavering utter pish for a hour after every game

life is too short

13 hours ago, Mox said:

Is the correct answer. He was okay on telly but he did also come out with some manure. The hardons that the moronic Sky Sports masses have for him utterly bemuses me. 

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Is the correct answer. He was okay on telly but he did also come out with some manure. The hardons that the moronic Sky Sports masses have for him utterly bemuses me. 

Please don't go down the Ormond route of talking about c0cks and hardons and masturbating every time you mention Sky/Englush football. I know this is a first but it's best nipped in the bud now before it becomes a problem!

FTR, I enjoy listening to him and Carragher on the odd occasion I have switched on early for MNF. They both make very good analytical and tactical points in their analysis. 

36 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Please don't go down the Ormond route of talking about c0cks and hardons and masturbating every time you mention Sky/Englush football. I know this is a first but it's best nipped in the bud now before it becomes a problem!

I'll take those comments on board and come up with new descriptions :lol: 

17 hours ago, Mox said:

He was appointed by his business partner and it was nepotism of the highest order. The only person who has shown bottle and attitude is his business partner for sacking

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

him. For some reason everyone has had a hardon for him the last few years when the fact is he spoke a remarkable amount of guff when he was on TV. 

Every pundit will from time to time, but on the whole he was decent. Personally I quite liked his analysis precisely because he DIDN’T go down the route of fawning all over all things EPL no matter what was happening. I realise that's the least we should be expecting from these guys but after years of boak inducing pish it was a welcome change.

Like I said above, at least he had the baws to give management a go, considering he had been slaughtering others on TV. Let's be honest it's not a job he had to take.