Favourite Christmas Song - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Favourite Christmas Song

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merry Xmas Everyone - Shakin Stevens

I Wish It Could Be Xmas Everyday - Wizzard

I met Shakey on a flight to New York once and I asked him if he still makes records. Said he still did but doesn't need to as that Xmas song rakes him in £50,000+ a year in royalties alone.

You people have no taste.

Good live band too.

Kylie is like one of those wee pageant kids. She gives me the creeps.

Don't let a certain member of the Heb TA who has been out with her hear you saying that.

Three Xmas crackers...

The Season's Upon Us

Merry Christmas

White Christmas

I met Shakey on a flight to New York once and I asked him if he still makes records. Said he still did but doesn't need to as that Xmas song rakes him in £50,000+ a year in royalties

Mental the amount the likes of him, slade etc will be on at this time of year for 1 song, they must live christmas.

I wouldn't actually be surprised if that 1 song rakes in more in a month than any of their other singles being downloaded from itunes/spotify etc over the course of a year.

Edited by daddybuc16

Anybody said "It will be a Cold Cold Christmas Without You" by Dana ?

Had that one as an earworm at work yesterday, drove me bloody mental!

This one reminds me of my old man singing along as he was driving, trying to remember the Latin words for his choir...

I met Shakey on a flight to New York once and I asked him if he still makes records. Said he still did but doesn't need to as that Xmas song rakes him in £50,000+ a year in royalties alone.

Written by Bob Heatlie from Edinburgh. Imagine how much he must rake in from it!

Edited by Toepoke

Had that one as an earworm at work yesterday, drove me bloody mental!

This one reminds me of my old man singing along as he was driving, trying to remember the Latin words for his choir...

Written by Bob Heatlie from Edinburgh. Imagine how much he must rake in from it!

was on the news the night he only gets aboot 6k a year fae it

Quite like most of the 'famous' Christmas songs - Slade, Wizard, Shakin' and for a while Paul McCartney's Christmas was my favourtie.

Really like Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping, which never seems to be played much on these end of the year programs.

Out of the main ones probably has to be Jona Lewie - Stop The Calvary.

Sufjan's Christmas albums are my favourites, but out of the main ones it'll be Jona.

Edited by weekevie04

Thanks to whoever posted Santa's a Scotsman...not hears it before..great stuff.

Also thanks forthe Billy Bragg Red Flag.

For the bbenefit of me and Scunnered and any other comrades, could anyone post a version of the Internationale ? (As in..arise ye comrades from your slumbers...always sang it at party meeting. ..)