Forth Road Bridge Closed - Page 29 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Forth Road Bridge Closed

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Ahh, thanks for the correction. Is the Craigforth the one just off the A9/mortorway? 

Craigforth is at Jct 10 beside the Pru building...

Edited by Mark frae Crieff
oops saw Biffer has pointed this out.

21 minutes ago, biffer said:

Just off Junction10 at Stirling

1 minute ago, Mark frae Crieff said:

Craigforth is at Jct 10 beside the Pru building... i think. 

Aye, that's where i meant. Cheers. 

I've heard that one on traffic reports, but didn't know where it was.

I've rarely had more than 4 or 5 cars in front of me at the Dunblane one barring an accident.

Seem to get stuck at the Broxden regularly though, not sure why they don't just have a filter lane for going south that cuts out the roundabout.

Aye, me and the bairns walked across the Vanity Project yesterday,, 

Saw loadsa Scotland Tops, seemed every second bairn had one on  ( none of mine tho)

It was well organised and a guid day oot....

My daughter cartwheeled a lot of the way over...

and not to be outdone, my wee fella rolly pollied a guid bit if the way..

I just walked.....

13 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

George Foulkes, oh sorry, Baron Foulkes of Cumnock is at it again I see. The bridge wasn't necessary, it's the nasty, horrible SNP at it again blah blah blah.

The SNP deliberately trying to improve folk's lives again? The bastards! 

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Lotta shite. Open then bridge and be done with it

Walking across a bridge b'fukk

I think it's a lot of pish too but there's clearly a massive number who wanted to do it, so fair enough.

I'm more concerned by an official opening by the queen. I almost hope it falls down when she's on it. 

31 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The SNP deliberately trying to improve folk's lives again? The bastards! 

I think it's a lot of pish too but there's clearly a massive number who wanted to do it, so fair enough.

I'm more concerned by an official opening by the queen. I almost hope it falls down when she's on it. 

They should have gotten the Weirs to open it as a wind up. 

18 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Any bridge walkers this weekend?

I noticed on the front of the Sunday Express it's all a £1.5bn SNP vanity project...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/849340/Queensferry-Crossing-cost-old-bridge-last-70-years

aye don't really get that. the old bridge is no longer fit for purpose. its too small and slow and without regular maintenance wont last much longer. how else are we going to get across?  the new bridge will be a huge improvement - and the old one can be properly maintained now with far less traffic on it. How can a critical bridge be a vanity project.

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

aye don't really get that. the old bridge is no longer fit for purpose. its too small and slow and without regular maintenance wont last much longer. how else are we going to get across?  the new bridge will be a huge improvement - and the old one can be properly maintained now with far less traffic on it. How can a critical bridge be a vanity project.

Indeed, I noticed one of the critics gave the example of the Severn Bridge being repaired but failed to mention that they had to build a second bridge there too.

Some fvcking tool has etched WATP halfway along the thing already. Why does our country have so many fvcking cvnts in it? :mad: 

I'll no' need Mr. Humper to say they have less now that I'm away, thanks. :)

Edited by Ormond

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Some fvcking tool has etched WATP halfway along the thing already. Why does our country have so many fvcking cvnts in it? :mad: 

I'll no' need Mr. Humper to say they have less now that I'm away, thanks. :)

"Ah pure felt ah hud to tell that witch Sturgeon that this bridge is pure British so it is" 

That's probably the reason.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Prince Philip?

Wee bit too modern for him I think. "Know your place you bloody porridge wogs !" is more his kind of thing.

Right, I'm going to murrayfield tomorrow?

Do I have to cross it, or can I use the old one?

Is there going to be several hundred cars getting in my way, simply "to cross the new bridge?"

Will I have to shout abuse at said people for annoying me?

How do I get to murrayfield? :lol:

13 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Massive queues again trying to get across it. I could understand on the opening day but how can the new bridge make normal traffic worse???

I'd guess because all the morons with nothing better to do are saying to their equally moronic wives/husbands "fancy going a drive over the new bridge?" 

Arses. 

9 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Right, I'm going to murrayfield tomorrow?

Do I have to cross it,Yes, unless you take a long diversion. or can I use the old one? No

Is there going to be several hundred cars getting in my way, simply "to cross the new bridge?" More than likely.

Will I have to shout abuse at said people for annoying me? Definitely

How do I get to murrayfield? :lol:Follow the Aberdeen buses B)