Aberdeen And Hearts.. Who's Bigger? - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen And Hearts.. Who's Bigger?

A sublime moment at Pittodrie today. Ian Crocker stuttered and stammered for 30 seconds whilst this bounced around in front of the camera :lol:

7D2EF3E0-DA48-4202-90DB-FADC65E273CE_zps

Still, answer's the OP's question. It came from the South Stand home section at Todders, so Aberdeen are definitely bigger..........

It came from the away section.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sublime moment at Pittodrie today. Ian Crocker stuttered and stammered for 30 seconds whilst this bounced around in front of the camera :lol:

7D2EF3E0-DA48-4202-90DB-FADC65E273CE_zps

Still, answer's the OP's question. It came from the South Stand home section at Todders, so Aberdeen are definitely bigger..........

hertz do seem to have a problem keeping their fans off the pitch

A sublime moment at Pittodrie today. Ian Crocker stuttered and stammered for 30 seconds whilst this bounced around in front of the camera :lol:7D2EF3E0-DA48-4202-90DB-FADC65E273CE_zps

Hahaha my season ticket is down there and it definitely came from the away end! Funny thing was a blow up sheep came from the home end aswell... Would've been hilarious if the steward stuck the cock up the sheeps arse

The roll of the eyes was in reference to you being a pedant. It was an amusing picture and shows a big inflatable cock in the home section, which is what I was commenting on.

Interesting that you only seem concerned about me correcting you, not the other poster who also did...

• 1 month later...

In terms of trophy value (historical) - Aberdeen

Current Fan base - Hearts

Team strength - Aberdeen, just

Current Potential - Hearts

Overall, I have no idea. I'd say fan base and potential sneak it. Hearts woman leader has a guid head on her. I can see her taking them places... Kilmarnock, Inverness and Hamilton amongst places.

Sorry to bump the thread but was just reading through this.

Be interested to know why you think Hearts have more potential than Aberdeen?

Sorry to bump the thread but was just reading through this.

Be interested to know why you think Hearts have more potential than Aberdeen?

I suppose they have more potential for higher corwds, more income and higher wage bill.

Although that would be depending on this main stand being built and a higher wage bill is what got them in problems in the first place.

It really is arguing about who is the tallest dwarf though as I do think that people are being hopeful when they talk about Rangers coming up and struggling. I reckon they will finish 2nd next season as they will continue to strengthen. And it will won't be long until we revert back to Rangers and Celtic sharing the league title with the rest battling it out for third. So it doesn't really matter who is the biggest team as 3rd place will vary as it has done over the last decade or so.

I suppose they have more potential for higher corwds, more income and higher wage bill.

Although that would be depending on this main stand being built and a higher wage bill is what got them in problems in the first place.

It really is arguing about who is the tallest dwarf though as I do think that people are being hopeful when they talk about Rangers coming up and struggling. I reckon they will finish 2nd next season as they will continue to strengthen. And it will won't be long until we revert back to Rangers and Celtic sharing the league title with the rest battling it out for third. So it doesn't really matter who is the biggest team as 3rd place will vary as it has done over the last decade or so.

Unless Rangers significantly improve their squad, there's no way they'll finish above Aberdeen.

With regards to fan base i'd say that Hearts have a lager regular, more loyal fan base. Where as Aberdeen have a larger latent support who'll only turn out now and again (eg 50k at the League Cup Final). This is no doubt borne from the 80's, when folk were drawn towards Aberdeen in the same way that kids will be drawn towards Celtic just now.

The 2014 league final? Official attendance was 51k and I'm sure ICT sold approx 8k. Still very impressive that Aberdeen broke the 40k mark but it was a bit short of 50k!

Back on topic. Not a huge amount to separate the two.

And on their day both teams, and Hibs, can pull similar numbers for a one off game.

All three highly debatable, and all three highly dependent on how well they're doing on the pitch.

If Aberdeen ever build their new stadium you would have to concede they would have a lot more potential for all of the above than in their current home.

Even then, if stadium is the criteria, then you could argue Hibs currently have more potential than both Hearts and Aberdeen as they don't need to spend anything on theirs, and if they win either cup and get promoted they'll be coming up on a crest of a wave.

Not necessarily.

Celtic are currently outspending everyone and Aberdeen are level with them at the top, so there's nothing to say even both the old firm trying to outspend each other will result in them leaving everyone else behind.

People keep saying Celtic (and Rangers) will start spending huge sums when they're in the same division as each other, as if we're back at the beginning of the SPL when they signed all these big names from Europe.

Celtic ARE spending serious money - is it not something like 22 players and nearly £15 million Ronny Deila has spent? However, the top players aren't interested unless they make the champs league, so it's Ciftci, Kazim Richards, Mackay-Steven and Boyata rather than Hartson, Sutton and Bellamy.

They should still be up at the top, as should Rangers, but Aberdeen are showing - and soon Hearts and maybe Hibs will too - it's not the impossible task getting in about them as it once was.

I fully expect the old firm to be split next season if Rangers come up.