Aberdeen And Hearts.. Who's Bigger? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen And Hearts.. Who's Bigger?

Really looking forward to Saturday's match against Hearts. 2nd vs 3rd should be a classic with a big crowd expected!

But the argument still rages on.. Who's the bigger club??

So i thought the TA message board would be a good place to bring it up again. Find out what fans of other clubs think!

Support wise I think Hearts have a bigger support although Aberdeen have a larger travelling support!

History/trophy wise i think its just Aberdeen!

There's really not much between them..

Dons or Jambos??? Let the debate begin ....

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aberdeen have never been defeated by Real Madrid.

Ever.

Thread over.

If that's the criteria...

During this successfull season, plans were put in place to take part in a tour of Spain, and in the summer of 1927 Manager John Sailor Hunter and 16 players set off on a trip that would see Motherwell rake in guaranteed earnings of £1,700. Under the supervision of director James Taggart, the squad played eight games, winning six, drawing one and losing one. Notable results from this trip included a 3-1 win over Real Madrid, a 2-2 draw with Barcelona, a 4-0 win against Celta Vigo and a 5-0 thrashing of Red Star Olympique on a scheduled stop-over in France on the way home.

Further down the article we drew 1-1 with the Brazilian national side, so presuming there wasn't a return fixture, they've never beaten us either.

:lol:

If that's the criteria...

Further down the article we drew 1-1 with the Brazilian national side, so presuming there wasn't a return fixture, they've never beaten us either.

Dundee United have an unbeaten record against Barca, do they not?

On a serious note, Aberdeen have the biggest stadium, but hearts probably the most fans, Aberdeen have had the biggest achievements and in my lifetime are head and shoulders above hearts, who are a good bit in front of hibs.

Taking out the old firm, who's next?

Probably a load of teams pretty close? Dundee, Dundee United, Motherwell, Killie.

On a serious note, Aberdeen have the biggest stadium, but hearts probably the most fans, Aberdeen have had the biggest achievements and in my lifetime are head and shoulders above hearts, who are a good bit in front of hibs.

Taking out the old firm, who's next?

Probably a load of teams pretty close? Dundee, Dundee United, Motherwell, Killie.

Motherwell and Killie are not as big as the Dundee clubs.

Motherwell and Killie are not as big as the Dundee clubs.

Historically, definitely not, but football didn't exist before 1993.

In fact, can I bend that to 1991 to include our cup win, or 1995 to wipe uniteds?

It's a great debate, because you can make a lot of different cases based on the criteria.