Is Anyone Cofident We'll At Least Make The Play Offs - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Anyone Cofident We'll At Least Make The Play Offs

bonny78

We were outfoxed by a heroic Irish win against Germany, and bottling it in Tbilisi.

Overall we deserved 4th. You take 4pts from the World Champions, you are probably going to be at the Euros.

The difference in us being an average team and good team was shown in Georgia. A better team might not have played great, but would've picked up the three points eg Ireland.

Our luck evened out on the scale of things. Although Germany not waltzing the group like England didn't help, but it was all there for us and yet again we failed to deliver.

I'm somewhere in the middle. We are nowhere near as bad as some suggest, but we're not particularly good either. Our trouble always is the sides just below us - Belarus, Slovenia, Lithuania, Moldova and our beloved Georgia . Whilst we have struggled against minnows. We tend to usually get the job done (97th minute winners included!).

I hope the psychologists are looking in to this. Or are our players over arrogant? Why does it tend to go wrong in these key matches? Not just wrong, but often we are utterly stinking in them too.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding one of our opponents, Lithuania look set to appoint the ONLY candidate for the NT post, in former Hearts player Edgaras Jankauskas.

Bar coaching posts at Lokomotiv Moscow and Hearts, his only real managerial job was half a season at a mid table Lithuanian team before being saked.

we do not want to ever meet Georgia again. As i said before, even the home games v them we were tom kyte.

In two minds over this yes we have an appalling record against them away lost our last 2 but I love tilblisi so I wouldn't mind going again maybe the first game of any future campaign then at least we have time to catch up again and maybe the sfa cam organise transport for the team a bit better and the players might be fresh and up for it ??

In two minds over this yes we have an appalling record against them away lost our last 2 but I love tilblisi so I wouldn't mind going again maybe the first game of any future campaign then at least we have time to catch up again and maybe the sfa cam organise transport for the team a bit better and the players might be fresh and up for it

its not worth it. on the other hand we cant control the draw anyway haha

Won't surprise me if we draw 1-1 in Malta and the campaign is virtually over after the first game.

like levein did with Serbia at home, first competitive game in a year and then out of next tournament after it

however, not taking three pints in malta will not happen