Old Nightclubs/pubs You Used To Haunt - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Old Nightclubs/pubs You Used To Haunt

Mardi Gras.

Mardi Gras.

thats the man... used to go there a lot... there was another one down beside the river, near the suspension bridge as well.

They used to be open all night, or till 4am at least, or was that just during year of culture...

mind coming out and it was light and just walking home, usually masel, along the river...

What was the place in Glasgow where the dance floor moved between floors while you were dancing.. down the back of st enochs centre...

Anyone go to Caspers or Rioz in Ardrossan......#

or Flicks in Kilwinning.

Mardi Gras

I was really drunk in there and walking along that big corridor to put my coat in the cloakroom ,as I got closer to the cloakroom I could see this fekker walking along the corridor straight towards me.As he got closer I thought this basket isn't getting out my way so I said to myself fekk it and speeded up and walked slap bang straight into a mirror.

To be fair though from my memory it was an urban myth that it moved while you were dancing. Any time I went there, they cleared the dance floor before moving it to another level.

I went to Rios and Caspers in the same night when we were down at my mate's cousin's in Atdrossan. Some cow behind the bar in Rios gave me a KB (as in refused service) after I have successfully (if surprisingly) made it past the bouncers. Went to Caspers instead and had a great night!

i was a DJ in Caspers on Sat night around 84-86. music was always better than Rioz,

Rioz was a bit of a posers bar...

I think the dancefloor did move wi people on it, I am sure i did it, but wouldnt bet my life, or even a tenner on it...

Mardi Gras

I was really drunk in there and walking along that big corridor to put my coat in the cloakroom ,as I got closer to the cloakroom I could see this fekker walking along the corridor straight towards me.As he got closer I thought this basket isn't getting out my way so I said to myself fekk it and speeded up and walked slap bang straight into a mirror.

Keep up TJ! :-)

What was the place in Glasgow where the dance floor moved between floors while you were dancing.. down the back of st enochs centre...

Anyone go to Caspers or Rioz in Ardrossan......#

or Flicks in Kilwinning.

Didn't some pretty big chart acts from round about 1980 play Flicks during its very small life span? Remember my aunt told me some of the bands and acts she saw in there.

i was a DJ in Caspers on Sat night around 84-86. music was always better than Rioz,

Rioz was a bit of a posers bar...

I think the dancefloor did move wi people on it, I am sure i did it, but wouldnt bet my life, or even a tenner on it...

I might have just missed you. I'd guess it was 83 I was there but possibly 84.

The night I was there (which was almost definitely a Saturday) it was mainly good old cheesy disco. Can vividly remember wowing some local floozy with my moves to The Crown by Gary Bird and the GB Experience! :-)

Funny the things that stick in your mind. Over 30 years ago, but when the Mrs sends me upstairs to get something I've forgotten what it is by the time I get up there.

Ended up in 'the moon' once when I moved to Glasgow.

What a place :lol:

Always mind the guy on sauchiehall street shouting 'come to the moon'

Honourable mention to Strathclyde Union and there 12 hour Tuesday's where it was 99p all drinks. Usually couldn't remember the second half of champions league football in there

Didn't some pretty big chart acts from round about 1980 play Flicks during its very small life span? Remember my aunt told me some of the bands and acts she saw in there.

I remember kid Creole and the coconuts and also Marie Wilson, i used to drink Schlitz lager in there thinking i was the bees knees!

Oh dear my Heavy Metal roots will start showing here. I remember the Burns Howff in Glasgow being the first pub I went to. What a dive. Then it shut down and it was Shadows Bar who had an awful football team I played in. (Mind you going to see the Thistle in the 80' was murder too), as for clubs it was of course that other dump The Venue.

When at college in portobello it was the hotel the next to the halls or if we felt flush the white heart in the grass market

Back home in west Kilbride it was

The galleon

The Inverclyde/merrik

Being an Ayrshire boy it was always trips the the metro in salcoats

When I was a bit older we would go to largs Vegas for nights out ending up in fiddlers

Glasgow nights would always start in o'henrys and then where ever but would end up in furry murrys or the cathouse

Buster Browns mid to late 1980's

Styx on George Street

Amphitheater on Lothian Road

Hoochie Coochie Club

Thunderball at Assembly Rooms and other art gallery type venues

Mambo club at Cavandish if nothing else open

North nights at 9C Victoria Street

Tattoo of Grassmarket

Attic of Grassmarket

L'attach underneath the Slutland bottom on Lothian Road

Fire Island on Princes Street - always seemed to have latest opening hours. 5/6AM