European Championship Draw - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European Championship Draw

Gutted more than ever now that with today's finals draw nearing, it's hurting even more that we aren't going to be in France next year:(

It's going to be a lot worse come the summer.

Can see the jokes already. England, Eire, NI, Wales fans all getting a Euro 16 diary and cut to a dark room for us (maybe needs a bit of work)

It really is unbelievablell sh*t this even though i knew what was coming today. Got up this morning and just shook my head in disgust a couple of times. Thought back to when we were playing Poland on that thursday night and how i was just constantly checking my phone in the 2nd half for a German goal in Dublin...

Avoiding the draw at all costs, horrible, horrible day.

Watched the Poland game on the TV for the first time tonight. What a horrible goal to lose at the end.

Gutted we are not there. Looking at the goals we scored during the whole campaign, I definitely think we would of added to the occasion.

It really is unbelievablell sh*t this even though i knew what was coming today. Got up this morning and just shook my head in disgust a couple of times. Thought back to when we were playing Poland on that thursday night and how i was just constantly checking my phone in the 2nd half for a German goal in Dublin...

Avoiding the draw at all costs, horrible, horrible day.

THIS

Not expecting much sympathy on here but we got a rotten group. Worst possible 2nd and 3rd seeds. I think it'll be a pretty open game against Sweden in the first match as they know themselves we're their best chance of getting a victory against. I think 3 draws at the very best for us and we won't score enough to be one of the 3rd best placed teams.

Northern Ireland got a tough group so I'll be shedding crocodile tears if the Union Jack wavers are put out at the group stage. Their one advantage is they play Germany last so might be in a position to qualify if they beat Ukraine or Poland in their first two games.

Wales will be relatively happy and off course England will be delighted with their draw.

Edited by irish

Not expecting much sympathy on here but we got a rotten group. Worst possible 2nd and 3rd seeds. I think it'll be a pretty open game against Sweden in the first match as they know themselves we're their best chance of getting a victory against. I think 3 draws at the very best for us and we won't score enough to be one of the 3rd best placed teams.

Northern Ireland got a tough group so I'll be shedding crocodile tears if the Union Jack wavers are put out at the group stage. Their one advantage is they play Germany last so might be in a position to qualify if they beat Ukraine or Poland in their first two games.

Wales will be relatively happy and off course England will be delighted with their draw.

See I'd love that group you got. Nothing to lose.

See I'd love that group you got. Nothing to lose.

Agree with you

Alot of the groups in the competition are tough....no point in moaning about our group.....just get on with it

Hope we can raise a few eyebrows and get a famous result or two....and see how we progress

Cant wait for the games against Belgium and Italy and sweden- much prefer those than Playing lesser nations in the relevant pots

As you say - nothing to lose - just go for it