Things To Do In Glasgow - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Things To Do In Glasgow

There is also the transport museum but don't know what it's like now as its been years since I've been plus they moved it from next to kelvin hall

Clearly it has been years!

The Riverside Museum, voted the best in Europe (I disagree there but it's a nice accolade for it)...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly it has been years!

The Riverside Museum, voted the best in Europe (I disagree there but it's a nice accolade for it)...

Used to love the TM when it was on Albert Drive and it was all right at the Kelvin Hall - haven't been to the new one because the cars are up on a wall - how fecking stupid is that? I want to be able to see exhibits properly. The new museum is all about 'style' over substance.

haven't been to the new one because the cars are up on a wall - how fecking stupid is that? I want to be able to see exhibits properly. The new museum is all about 'style' over substance.

Aye that's the biggest disappointment for me. The rest of it is great IMO. They way the Clyde Room's been done with the ships sailing past is fantastic.

Aye that's the biggest disappointment for me. The rest of it is great IMO. They way the Clyde Room's been done with the ships sailing past is fantastic.

Have they still got the Morris Minor Royal Mail van? I actually remember seeing that in its working life (childhood holidays on Arran in the late '70s). Edited by Charlie Endell

You are joking, that to me is an absolute travesty. That collection of model ships must be unique and to me they've just ruined the way they are displayed. The detail on those models is fantastic and you don't have the time to appreciate it. When I first visited the place I was fuming.

Agree with the cars up on the wall as well, you want to be able to look in side.

To me they're trying to cram too much into to small a space and whoever designed the museum should be shot.

Another one for the Subcrawl. A couple of the stops are a bit shite (i.e. Shields Road), but the majority have good boozers, and you can have a wee stoat about the different areas of the city.

You really do need to adhere to 1 or 2 drinks per pub though. No matter how much of a sesh king you think you are, the old Subcrawl will find you out.

Another one for the Subcrawl. A couple of the stops are a bit shite (i.e. Shields Road), but the majority have good boozers, and you can have a wee stoat about the different areas of the city.

You really do need to adhere to 1 or 2 drinks per pub though. No matter how much of a sesh king you think you are, the old Subcrawl will find you out.

F**k the Christmas night out...TAMB new year Subcrawl...

????????????????

( that's a pint for each stop plus a second at the first station to finish off.)

Edited by andreimack

Indeed. Some daredevils on the one I did started on the chasers at Bridge St. By the time we got to Hillhead they couldn't get in anywhere, having already provoked an ambush in Govan...

F**k the Christmas night out...TAMB new year Subcrawl...

????????????????

( that's a pint for each stop plus a second at the first station to finish off.)

Decent.

I'll be starting from Aberdeen on the slow train, y'know, the one that stops in Portlethen, Laurencekirk and about 30 times in Fife.

Instead of giving the kids presents this year my wife and I are treating the kids to a weekend in Glasgow in early Jan,the wife seems to think they will be shopping for clothes etc but I think otherwise....any ideas on how to fill the weekend ?

FYI their ages are 27,24,20 and 18....and all male...and unattached....

Have you ever been to the (ice) hockey? Quite a good night out watching the Braehead Clan in the Elite League.