Congratulations To Jackie Mcnamara - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Congratulations To Jackie Mcnamara

• 8 months later...

:lol: 

Good to see him failing yet again. A wage Theif during his time at AFC, so I'm thrilled to see his players putting in performances like he used to for us. 

33 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Good to see him failing yet again. A wage Theif during his time at AFC, so I'm thrilled to see his players putting in performances like he used to for us. 

I also enjoy watching him fail :)

On 17/08/2016 at 9:17 PM, black'n'tan said:

The bookies still take money on a McNamara team loss ? 

Last season we did a weekly work accumulator, we sent our teams via Whatsapp.

Regularly I would just send a message saying 'whoever York are playing' - usually worked :)

4 minutes ago, Garywag said:

Last season we did a weekly work accumulator, we sent our teams via Whatsapp.

Regularly I would just send a message saying 'whoever York are playing' - usually worked :)

York were cracking to back on the BTTS and over 2.5 markets too. They hemorrhaged goals but normally managed to get one themselves too.  

Much as I love the obvious income from Jackie Mac as a manager - another last gasp ker-ching coupon the day by virtue of his managerial pishyness - he gets a real disservice as player by aw the bitter Aberdeen fans on here.

He was 34 when he went to Pittodrie; on the back of a bad cruciate injury and offered a big money deal by Calderwood.

What was he supposed to do? Wait 5 years and then hope to make a huge profit from asset stripping Dundee United?

McNamara at his peak was the best right back in the UK by an absolute fvcking mile.

I watched him for 4 seasons at Dunfermline from 92 to 96 and it was obvious that he would play for Scotland from the moment that Bert Paton moved him to right back. Stick a pish right winger like Ivo den Bieman or Simon Donnelly in front of him and he was an overlapping whippet who made goals for fun. For Dunfermline for 4 years, Celtic for a decade and Scotland against Norway in 98 he was the game changer.

What we would give to have a 20 year version of him the now.

I hope York keep him as manager for the rest of the season.

On 8/21/2016 at 2:34 AM, brant grebner said:

I watched him for 4 seasons at Dunfermline from 92 to 96 and it was obvious that he would play for Scotland from the moment that Bert Paton moved him to right back. Stick a pish right winger like Ivo den Bieman or Simon Donnelly in front of him and he was an overlapping whippet who made goals for fun. For Dunfermline for 4 years, Celtic for a decade and Scotland against Norway in 98 he was the game changer.

Top marks for mentioning Ivo den Bieman!! Not heard that name for a while!!

(I seem to recall thinking he was pretty decent!)

On 21/08/2016 at 2:34 AM, brant grebner said:

Much as I love the obvious income from Jackie Mac as a manager - another last gasp ker-ching coupon the day by virtue of his managerial pishyness - he gets a real disservice as player by aw the bitter Aberdeen fans on here.

He was 34 when he went to Pittodrie; on the back of a bad cruciate injury and offered a big money deal by Calderwood.

What was he supposed to do? Wait 5 years and then hope to make a huge profit from asset stripping Dundee United?

McNamara at his peak was the best right back in the UK by an absolute fvcking mile.

What we would give to have a 20 year version of him the now.

I hope York keep him as manager for the rest of the season.

I think the sheep's point is that while he was an undoubted talent he did f@ck all for them. I.e. a wage theif. I can sympathise - we have had a few of those. Lee miller springs to mind.

23 hours ago, ShedTA said:

I think the sheep's point is that while he was an undoubted talent he did f@ck all for them. I.e. a wage theif. I can sympathise - we have had a few of those. Lee miller springs to mind.

Folk can generally accept folk not being very good etc, but I don't think I've ever seen a player with as bad an attitude as McNamara had during his spell at Aberdeen.

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Folk can generally accept folk not being very good etc, but I don't think I've ever seen a player with as bad an attitude as McNamara had during his spell at Aberdeen.

You never saw Roberto Martinez or Brian Mclair in his 2nd spell at Motherwell.

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 9:47 AM, scot scotland scottish said:

Top marks for mentioning Ivo den Bieman!! Not heard that name for a while!!

(I seem to recall thinking he was pretty decent!)

I had the pleasure of witnessing his 2nd (I think..) game for Montrose, in 1990.

Needless to say, the cultured fans of the old division 2 were nothing but complimentary to a Dutchman with a ponytail, who ran like a f@nny.