Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

luke sywalker becomes the new darth vader, why else we not seeing him in the trailers

i'll find out at midnight tomorrow....

Kylo Ren is the new Dark Lord

Basically it's an Empire Strikes Back with the evil empire fekkers going radge blootering those wee woolie midgets and the good guys about the place because they leathered Darth Vader in the last one,which was actually four films ago,Luke pops up at the end and goes "come ahead quntos" (he doesn't actually have any lines) and they all shit it,that's why it's called THE FORCE AWAKENS.Oh and Han Solo totally dies.

Edited by TartanJon

While I wouldn't say I hate Star Wars, I'm certainly on the "casual fan" end of the spectrum.

Anyone else a bit weary of endless Star Wars memes (a picture of a bass pedal with DV's fave on it and the legend "I find your lack of bass disturbing", a dog done up like a Wookie, etc etc.), every time a new planet or asteroid is discovered a tenuous link made that it looks like the Death Star (no, it really doesn't).

This hysteria isn't just the because the films are coming out either - in recent years with the rise of social media it seems as if you can't get away from it - May the 4th be with you - as if we need a Star Wars day when it's all Star Wars, all the time anyway.

Don't get me wrong, it's great for the kids and I'm sure the new film will be very good, but it's just non-stop. I also find adult Star Wars obsessives a tad peculiar and the Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones were utter, utter pash. Didn't even bother with the third one. Can't even remember the title without looking it up.

Edited by Watsoniansfan

Whilst I'm not a fan of Star Wars and to be honest don't rate any of the films much, they don't annoy me like some on here.

Just can't understand the hype around an average film series.

Admittedly Harrison Ford is in it so it was bound to be successful. He must be the most watched man in history!

Never watched a star wars either. The obsession over a kids film seems a bit worrying. Too scared to watch lord of the rings guys?

"Kids" films can be great films too. Inside Out is one of the most intelligent, witty and original films made in years.

I promised myself I wasn't going to read any reviews before going to see it. I've just read 2 back to back! Suffice to say I'm looking forward to it!

I just done the same. IGN and Kotaku have me excited. I need to wait until Monday so suffice to say I'll be avoiding the internet between tomorrow and then.

Kylo Ren is the new Dark Lord

Basically it's an Empire Strikes Back with the evil empire fekkers going radge blootering those wee woolie midgets and the good guys about the place because they leathered Darth Vader in the last one,which was actually four films ago,Luke pops up at the end and goes "come ahead quntos" (he doesn't actually have any lines) and they all shit it,that's why it's called THE FORCE AWAKENS.Oh and Han Solo totally dies.

That`s pretty much the gist of the review in todays` Times