1872 Cup - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1872 Cup

biffer

Who's going? Edinburgh v Glasgow on the 27th Dec, Glasgow v Edinburgh on 2nd Jan. Got both legs booked, looking forward to it. Edinburgh won over the two legs last year, despite Glasgow winning the league. May well be a bit of grudge heading into this.

Going to the Murrayfield leg of the tie.

Game in Glasgow the tickets seem to be worth their weight in gold

Yeah, I got early access because I've got and Edinburgh season ticket. Shame they can't get another big stand in for that game, reckon you'd get 10,000 easily. Hopefully the Edinburgh leg will be pushing 20,000 people this year - nearly 16,000 last year. East stand is pretty much sold out already.

Edited by biffer

Yeah, I got early access because I've got and Edinburgh season ticket. Shame they can't get another big stand in for that game, reckon you'd get 10,000 easily. Hopefully the Edinburgh leg will be pushing 20,000 people this year - nearly 16,000 last year. East stand is pretty much sold out already.

Edinburgh Tweeted something about it heading towards a record this year the other day, and that its split almost 50-50 between Edinburgh and Glasgow fans.

Went to Firhill a couple of times and was a good day out.

Edinburgh Tweeted something about it heading towards a record this year the other day, and that its split almost 50-50 between Edinburgh and Glasgow fans.

Went to Firhill a couple of times and was a good day out.

I really hope this develops into something on the rugby calendar each year that people who go to the six nations come to as well. If we get to a position where there's regularly 30-35,000 at the Edinburgh leg, that'll be excellent.

hertz are at home to the smellies on the 27th

a strange mix of people around gorgie/murrayfield way me thinks

Tremendous. Need to choose my pubs carefully that day. Might stay at Murrayfield for a few hours after the game.

Scotstoun was increased to 10000 for end season games last season. Surprised they didn't do same for this especially as they are selling out other games at 6000+ regularly now.

They only have limited permission for that expansion.

Edited by biffer

Would be nice if one day they could get a decent crowd at ibrox for one of these - it looked good for the sevens in the empire games.

SRU should have bought ibrox from the liquidator for £2.50 and some shirts when rangers collapsed and then leased it back to the new company. Still, never mind.

Next time they go into liquidation

Can't go to edinburgh leg his year as usualas family over but hope its a good game. Heading for a record crowd which is great for the fixture. Taken years for things to settle with the change from clubs to the pro teams. But hopefully this is the sport kicking on now.

They only have limited permission for that expansion.

That's a shame. Hopefully move to 10,000 capacity as a norm.

In England teams like Wasps and Harlequins have special "one off" games at Wembley or Twickenham and get crowds of 50-60k.

With rugby getting better in Scotland maybe these cup games will get bigger and bigger.

Over 23,000 at the game today, great time occasion and a good win for Edinburgh. Looking forward to the return next week at Scotstoun.

23,000 is a fantastic crowd for a Scottish rugby game.

Keeps the good feeling going into the 6 Nations.