Absent Tambers - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Absent Tambers

Also considering it was me voting him down every day...

Why were you doing that? I think on the back of the BT smearing him endlessly and then that it took a toll. Can't fathom this warsonianfan persona at all. If it is him he has made sure watsonian is different enough to keep us guessing.

I'd say before he quit he was informally one of the most respected posters on here, very smart guy imho.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't even remember now. I spent ages fecking about with the voting system, if the archive goes far enough back i can vaguely mind talking about it a couple of times. Can't remember what i said. No doubt it was some plan i thought clever at the time. It was a weird system to introduce.

He was pretty crabbit at the end as well, probably justifiably , but very argumentative as well.

I can't even remember now. I spent ages fecking about with the voting system, if the archive goes far enough back i can vaguely mind talking about it a couple of times. Can't remember what i said. No doubt it was some plan i thought clever at the time. It was a weird system to introduce.

He was pretty crabbit at the end as well, probably justifiably , but very argumentative as well.

I don't remember much about it, but I do remember poor folk getting voted down for no particular reason. Then one of the popular folk, like me, would come in make a nonsical post about Roasted Cheese or whatever and would get hunners of upvotes simply for being one of the cool kids.

During the period where BT was sledging him relentlessly (for being a BNP member and all this outrageous racist filth that was levelled at him) I was in exile. I watched it for a long while before I sent Kernie a PM and said 'I hope this kkunt is not getting to you'. He said 'he was a little'... but I think it was mostly due to the fact that not a single ffukker on here stood up for him (including all the mods) despite BT talking utter utter shite and Kernie being a kwality act.

I got a little frustrated at it all so did the only thing I could think of. I sent a PM to Flat Earth explaining it all and why I thought BT was a million miles out of order.

Well thank you Flat Earth as he subsequently blootered BT like I could have only dreamed of. Flat Earth is a GOOD GUY.

Edited by thplinth

I don't remember much about it, but I do remember poor folk getting voted down for no particular reason. Then one of the popular folk, like me, would come in make a nonsical post about Roasted Cheese or whatever and would get hunners of upvotes simply for being one of the cool kids.

+1

not a single ffukker on here stood up for him (including all the mods)

For what it's worth, I laid into BT at the time and still have a PM from Kernie thanking me ... which just goes to show that what you say if fundamentally true. I suspect the voting-on-posts thing was the final straw, it was a ridiculous.

For what it's worth, I laid into BT at the time and still have a PM from Kernie thanking me ... which just goes to show that what you say if fundamentally true. I suspect the voting-on-posts thing was the final straw, it was a ridiculous.

Yeah sorry It was not no one (maybe a few) but near it.

One that springs to mind is GiMac, he was a regular poster and I saw him at the Travis gig in Amsterdam the night before the 6-0 game. He had a top with his name on the back so I went up and said hello and chatted to him for a bit, nice bloke. Haven't seen him post on here for years though!

I suspect the voting-on-posts thing was the final straw, it was a ridiculous.

Kernie was more sensitive than I realized. I was stunned that bothered him.

phart had his number and did him. Why phart why? :-))

edit: bring back Kernie!

Edited by thplinth

One that springs to mind is GiMac, he was a regular poster and I saw him at the Travis gig in Amsterdam the night before the 6-0 game. He had a top with his name on the back so I went up and said hello and chatted to him for a bit, nice bloke. Haven't seen him post on here for years though!

He had Peter Perfect, or some such Hanna-Barbera character, as his avatar didn't he? I liked his posts - he was superbly pedantic which drove folk who got into arguments with him round the twist.

I knew a GiMac from Perth. As I've only been on for 3 years or so I'm not sure if it was him. A good Saintee if it is the one I know.

He was from somewhere in England if I remember right, can't remember where he lived or if he'd moved up to Scotland though.

He had Scotch Corner as his location (I think it used to appear under your avatar in those days).

Edit: (Just found him on the members list, and see you have too Johnny).

Edited by DonnyTJS

He had Scotch Corner as his location (I think it used to appear under your avatar in those days).

Edit: (Just found him on the members list, and see you have too Johnny).

Aye I went hunting to see if he was still on here. No hiding these days! :-) Edited by Johnnyshaker

I knew a GiMac from Perth. As I've only been on for 3 years or so I'm not sure if it was him. A good Saintee if it is the one I know.

Nope

Naw, GiMac (this one) is definitely a currant.

Yip

Last seen at the Spain v Scotland U-21 game in Alcoy, in 2005. Blootered.

Maybe he's still there....

Nope

I am not a prolific poster by any measure, but I am on the board fairly regularly- at least viewing, usually in Travel or TA Specific.

I believe the board is like the support in general, folk come and go, it's actually amazing if I think back say 10 years and then five years and compare to present day- the number of folk who were regulars home and away, who are no longer seen at games. There will be a host of reasons for this. There are of course many who are constants, there are many like me who go back 30+ years.

Folk give up, get fed up, come back, go away, come back, use other forms of social media, see the same arguments come up, see the same opposition come up, moan, greet, laugh, p!ss off, come back, go away...it's just the way it is.

I have had a drink with many on here, would have a drink with all , might only be the one mind :)

I am not a prolific poster by any measure, but I am on the board fairly regularly- at least viewing, usually in Travel or TA Specific.

I believe the board is like the support in general, folk come and go, it's actually amazing if I think back say 10 years and then five years and compare to present day- the number of folk who were regulars home and away, who are no longer seen at games. There will be a host of reasons for this. There are of course many who are constants, there are many like me who go back 30+ years.

Folk give up, get fed up, come back, go away, come back, use other forms of social media, see the same arguments come up, see the same opposition come up, moan, greet, laugh, p!ss off, come back, go away...it's just the way it is.

I have had a drink with many on here, would have a drink with all , might only be the one mind :)

I was actually just about to post, "I miss yon Broon2, that gent has a magnificent moustache!" :wub:

Page 1 of the member list sorted by post count...

Parklife

Joined 06-July 06

Member · 32,465 posts

Cove_Sheep

Joined 26-September 03

Member · 31,100 posts

Flure

Joined 02-October 03

Member · 26,973 posts

ParisInAKilt

Joined 19-March 08

Member · 26,161 posts

phart

Joined 14-October 03

Member · 22,811 posts

Bzzzz

Joined 26-September 03

Member · 20,609 posts

Toepoke

Joined 10-September 06

Member · 17,612 posts :shocked:

Fred_Zeppelin

Joined 20-September 07

Member · 17,448 posts

ReekySporran

Joined 26-September 03

Member · 16,901 posts

kumnio

Joined 26-September 03

Member · 16,768 posts

Scunnered

Joined 09-August 08

Member · 16,601 posts

Rossy

Joined 27-September 03

Member · 15,198 posts

PASTA Mick

Joined 28-April 04

Member · 14,357 posts

deecie

Joined 14-February 07

Member · 14,174 posts

Flat Earth

Joined 26-September 03

Member · 13,562 posts

wanderer

Joined 27-September 03

Member · 13,427 posts

Orraloon

Joined 05-November 07

Member · 13,363 posts

Administrator

Joined 02-September 03

Admin · 12,381 posts

thplinth

Joined 29-December 05

Member · 12,373 posts

wembley67lisbon

Joined 01-May 10

Member · 11,084 posts

I remember I was top 10. Fading into diddy territory. Need to up my game.