Absent Tambers - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Absent Tambers

After witnessing Ek Celt the other day and the ongoings. Which other board members no longer post and why not?

Guys like Flure and Jock Strap are a couple who come to mind. The longer more established posters will know of a few more from times past.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stacks.

Tartan Teddy

Chaff

Calmac_man

Elephant Man

Hawkeye Ranoo

Andrew fae Rosyth

Balloch Thistle

Reeky Sporran

etc

etc

etc

And all the English lads:

Kernie

CUFC

Flat Earth

Longshanks

Steelpeach

WillfaeSwindon

St George

Paul NATA

City Rocker

Dunno why they left, but I imagine they found better things to do. Lucky sods.

Edited by DonnyTJS

Stacks.

Tartan Teddy

Chaff

Calmac_man

Elephant Man

Hawkeye Ranoo

Andrew fae Rosyth

Balloch Thistle

Reeky Sporran

etc

etc

etc

Kernie

CUFC

Flat Earth

Longshanks

Steelpeach

WillfaeSwindon

St George

Paul NATA

City Rocker

No wonder 1-2 of these folk don't post if you're calling them "English" :yikes3::-))

They'll never be back now !

Its because this forum is shite now.

Ruined by pre and post referendum rubbish and the same old posters fighting against each other. Threads are constantly hijacked by attacks and unrelated crap, and the standard of administration is seriously questionable.

The forum is dominated by the few and is no longer a community like it used to be. I could no longer see users going to games wearing tshirts with their username on the back, like we used to - it is just too dangerous now.

Folk just cant be bothered any more, as the information about Scotland and destinations can be gained elsewhere now.

It used to be good here. But then again, the TA in general is changing as well.

Reddit will probably soon become my main source of timewasting.

Stacks.

Tartan Teddy

Chaff

Calmac_man

Elephant Man

Hawkeye Ranoo

Andrew fae Rosyth

Balloch Thistle

Reeky Sporran

etc

etc

etc

Kernie

CUFC

Flat Earth

Longshanks

Steelpeach

WillfaeSwindon

St George

Paul NATA

City Rocker

Kernie's still kicking about on here, incognito.

Kernie's still kicking about on here, incognito.

But not posting? He took a shit load of shit on here but was brilliant at puncturing pomposity. Greatly missed, as are many of the others. I suspect there's a lot of truth in Brummie HIbs' post.

Ruined by pre and post referendum rubbish and the same old posters fighting against each other. Threads are constantly hijacked by attacks and unrelated crap, and the standard of administration is seriously questionable.

The forum is dominated by the few and is no longer a community like it used to be. I could no longer see users going to games wearing tshirts with their username on the back, like we used to - it is just too dangerous now.

Folk just cant be bothered any more, as the information about Scotland and destinations can be gained elsewhere now.

Ah the return of the post that has appeared on a regular basis since TAMB began. There have always been threads like this and claims like this.

The only thing that has changed is that people have more "places" to go now what with the likes of twitter and FB. People have always come and gone, others have wondered why and claimed the exact same reasons as in the above post. It is like groundhog day.

But not posting? He took a shit load of shit on here but was brilliant at puncturing pomposity. Greatly missed, as are many of the others. I suspect there's a lot of truth in Brummie HIbs' post.

No, no, he still posts occasionally. You're a bright lad, Donny, I am sure you will spot him eventually. :wink2:

I enjoyed/enjoy his posts too, albeit I didn't always agree with him. Forums like this would be boring if we all thought the same way though.

Old news http://tartanarmyboard.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=7439&p=253631

..because some of us see ourselves as a normal country, not a colony.

I think the nature of the debate on here has changed. It's become a lot more heated/aggressive in general (although it's still fairly sedate IMO). I think a couple of major events have led to this:

- The Rangers saga and folks reactions to it

- The referendum and folk become more passionate politicly.

Most discussions of Scottish football end up having the Rangers saga weaved through it. While political discussions always come back to Indy.

Some good posters have sacked it, some rubbish ones have too. Some good new posters have joined too though. How could we get by without Ormond telling us how shite English fitbaw is, for example? :) I don't get folk who whine about other posters. If you don't want to read what I/Scunnered/Phart/Ormond has to say, then put them on ignore. It's simple.

Don't take the internet too seriously. It's just words on a screen. If you don;t like what someone says and don't want to read it, then you don't have to.

I think he is posting incognito as well, in fact reading some of my posts with that knowledge might highlight who it is.

EDIT: Anyone telt you loose lips sink ships thplinth, when did you get so blurty outy with info?

Edited by phart

I know alot of tambers who read the threads but rarely post.

Sad that no one goes to games without their tamb bame t shirts. Has there ever been a punch up between two rival posters ?

Not that i'm aware of. Who would actually attack someone anyway?

Ah the return of the post that has appeared on a regular basis since TAMB began. There have always been threads like this and claims like this.

The only thing that has changed is that people have more "places" to go now what with the likes of twitter and FB. People have always come and gone, others have wondered why and claimed the exact same reasons as in the above post. It is like groundhog day.

As Lamia says if there is truth it's been the same truth for 12 years.

Oh Lordy. He is Watsonianfan isnt he.

No offence to Watsonianfan, but sometimes he seems to regurgitate ancient posts of mine more or less whole, and Kernaghan always seemed much more original than that.

As Lamia says if there is truth it's been the same truth for 12 years.

Aye, you're probably right, though I get the impression that there's a lot more TAMB activity transferring to Facebook than there would've been back then. I do feel that there's been a change in 'atmosphere' since the referendum, but that could well be just because some regulars have left or post much less frequently and not directly related to indy ref. The Rangers stuff I tend to ignore.

Maybe Olas or one of the more techy Tambers can enlighten me...

When I joined this board (with six`n half thousand members) you would post a thread on Anything Goes and if no one replied it would be on page two in a couple of hours. That was normal. No joke.

Now when you look on AOB you have a "spread" of days... i.e. I could post a thread and be confident it would not slip off the front page for days versus 1.5 hours.

The board has 80,000+(?) members now.

Yet AOB is dead versus when it was 6,500 members?

WTF?

Groundhog day you say. Never did get an answer....