Losing Interest... - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Losing Interest...

scotsgary2

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All,

Just a thought on this lead up to Christmas....

Anybody losing interest in Scotland National team....

All welcome to reply.

If you were losing interest you're hardly gonna be on here in the first place.

Unless you're just a drama Queen.

Anybody know how EK_CELT is doing?

If you were losing interest you're hardly gonna be on here in the first place.

Unless you're just a drama Queen.

Anybody know how EK_CELT is doing?

Hardly as I HAVE BEEN ON HERE SINCE NEAR ENOUGH THE START OF THIS ME FRIEND ??????

Changed my tag recent yes...

Drama queen?

Just saying mate not quite feeling it no bigga

Basically yes. Had we qualified we'd all be buzzing, making travel plans etc.

The way the campaign ended coupled with Wales, NI and ROI all getting there, no proper game till September 2016, hardly any quality players coming through to improve us and the release of two extremely poor kits has put a massive dampner on everything.

Ba humbug and happy new year

Basically yes. Had we qualified we'd all be buzzing, making travel plans etc.

The way the campaign ended coupled with Wales, NI and ROI all getting there, no proper game till September 2016, hardly any quality players coming through to improve us and the release of two extremely poor kits has put a massive dampner on everything.

Ba humbug and happy new year

Sadly agree

All,

Just a thought on this lead up to Christmas....

Anybody losing interest in Scotland National team....

All welcome to reply.

My enthusiasm for the national team is probably at an all time low right now due to various factors both on and off the field.

That being said, I actually renewed my supporters club membership today, so there's no real chance of me not going to the games for the foreseeable future at least.

Not losing interest in any way at all. Yes it feels crap at the moment having failed to get to a finals which all our neighbours are going to, but, when you follow your nation you follow them through thick and thin.

I don't necessarily mean having to following them literally, because that is not an option for everyone, but support them in any way you can. I couldn't imagine Scotland playing any game against any other country and me not either being there or at the very least making sure I could watch, the game.

I honestly can't remember the last Scotland game I did not attend / watch on TV / listen to on the radio, and that will continue for as long as I am fit & able.

I've got to admit it was gutting to miss out on a major championship again:(

However, I have renewed my SSC membership and look forward to the World Cup campaign, but i do feel that it's critical this time that the home tickets pricing is spot on otherwise I really can see a drop off in interest sadly :(

I've been attending games since 1978 and love going but I like many feel that this UEFA week of football has meant many could've attend

Personally I'd like double headers to be either

Friday/Saturday and then Tuesday/Wednesday

I don't think playing major matches on a Monday for example helped as many had to take time off work for a couple of days

Scotland are still a very well supported team, but we all who love our team want that to continue and I feel Saturday afternoon is when we'd mostly prefer to ce going to Hampden to watch

Ive stopped home games due to ticket price increase. But love the away trips - its only natural that there is a bit of a downer at the moment with Euros coming up and us not there plus there's no away trip till September. But once I get into booking the trips , then there's the looking forward to it - come the start of the WC cup campaign we'll all be back up there.

We have been here before.

I have followed Scotland home and away since 2001. Managers have been brown, berti, watty, mcliesh, burley, leveine and now strachan.

The darkest days were under Craig leviene but the tiblisi result was on a par with the drubbing we got in Oslo under burley.

We are going in the right direction under strachan.

Scotland til I die.

Keep the faith, even though it's one hell of a roller coaster ride.

Edited by Robroysboy

Sideways?

He needs to find a couple of players of real quality for the next campaign cause there is no danger we will make the top 2 with the existing group - as Georgia game proved they simply cannot be relied upon to be consistent over the course of a group against teams like Slovakia, Slovenia and Lithuania Edited by JECK

There's a difference between being gutted and deflated in the face of yet more crushing disappointment and losing interest. If I was losing interest then I wouldn't be feeling so crushed and I wouldn't be getting those gut wrenching pangs every time the Euros are mentioned.

With every failure to qualify the fire inside me burns ever brighter, ever stronger and the desire to see us qualify again grows all the more.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

When it comes, boy is it gonna be worth the wait.