Losing Interest... - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Losing Interest...

scotsgary2

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You originally asked: How could anyone be put off following their country all over Europe 3/4 times a year?!

I then explained that people could understandably be put off spending their time and money on away games if the team are pish.

You may think that means people "aren't worth a shite" and that's fair enough but nobody is obliged to go to away games, especially when they have other priorities.

Apologies, I worded that wrong.

I mean't how could anyone be put off following their country in qualifiers (If it's affordable) all over Europe in that you'll have at least 3 a year.

My point is being 'pish' shouldn't come into it. My father brought me up on the national Irish football team and no matter how poor we are, I'd never be put off supporting them tbh.

Believe me, we've had plenty of bad times ourselves with our national eggball chasers (rugby team) being the Irish bandwagoner's wet dream the last 15 years while the gutter press went to town on our national football side rather than the rugby one for not living up the expectations at different times.

Not sure if you have the same problem with your rugby team.

Edited by irish

Rather we qualified.

Spot on.

You ask any Northern Ireland supporter would they rather beat England,Spain and Russia in qualifier games (which they did) and not qualify in those campaigns or qualify for the Euros next year (29 years since their last major tournament) and come out of a relatively easy group with no major scalps.

Edited by irish

Why are you here then?

?

Sorry I didn't get the TA memo not to rub sensitive souls like you up the wrong way.

I'm posting on a football forum like your goodself and entitled to put my view across.

I don't take the view that if Ireland do shite in football then it's okay because Scotland do shite so why would I judge Ireland based on how Scotland do just because I'm posting on TAMB?

What's your problem?

?

Sorry I didn't get the TA memo not to rub sensitive souls like you up the wrong way.

I'm posting on a football forum like your goodself and entitled to put my view across.

I don't take the view that if Ireland do shite in football then it's okay because Scotland do shite so why would I judge Ireland based on how Scotland do just because I'm posting on TAMB?

What's your problem?

The big difference between me and you posting here is that I actually support Scotland.

You coming in here saying you don't regularly qualify when this will be the 3rd/4th(?) tournament since we last managed makes you come across as a smug #####.

Which would be my main problem.

Other than that, welcome. Make yourself at home. Why not tell everybody your views on Scottish Independence and if Rangers are still Rangers or not.

All,

Just a thought on this lead up to Christmas....

Anybody losing interest in Scotland National team....

All welcome to reply.

not been on this site for weeks as lost interest in the trolls on here. Also lost any enthusiasm for the Scotland team due to, mainly, the greed of the SFA and also their blind adherence to the 'Scottish football needs a strong rangers' mantra. Not renewing my membership after God knows how many years, and will only go to a home game if it is on a Saturday (sadly I have no idea when the home games are scheduled for). If enough of the mates are going to Wembley I will probably go down, assuming I can get my hands on a ticket

A wee bit if I'm being honest. It's not just Scotland and the failed campaign but losing interest in football in general. Barely watch any games now and find myself checking scores news etc less frequently.

Despite that I'll still watch all the Scotland games and would go to all the home games if still in Scotland.

losing interest in football in general.

I'm with you on that tbh, I don't watch as many games now either. I still enjoy going to games and putting a coupon on a Saturday but I can go many weekends and not see any of the goals. Maybe a symptom of getting older, I figure I'll get back into it again when my son gets into it!

A wee bit if I'm being honest. It's not just Scotland and the failed campaign but losing interest in football in general. Barely watch any games now and find myself checking scores news etc less frequently.

Despite that I'll still watch all the Scotland games and would go to all the home games if still in Scotland.

I think I'm the same but just with professional football. I love playing the game as much now as when I was a kid, even if the legs struggle a bit more now.

Have to admit I'm in the "losing interest in football altogether" category also..

Stopped supporting my club team - Airdrie - this year as they cosied up to Rangers just that one time too many for my liking

Generally sick of the pettiness and constant squabbling about f___ all in Scottish football, all the "ma da's bigger than your Da" & "whatabout" nonsense

Was on holiday in USA in October and when talking to Americans who were slating football - mainly the diving and play acting it has to be said - found, for the 1st time, I had absolutely no inclination to attempt to "defend" football

Will always, always want Scotland to win but found it hard to get motivated to watch, even Scotland games during last year, and honestly couldn't tell you last time I watched a club game on TV from start to finish -- I subscribe to Sky Sports for pretty much the Boxing and NFL coverage alone now..