Losing Interest... - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Losing Interest...

scotsgary2

I find myself watching less on tv now too but that's probably more to do with having less free time due to working shifts and having a young family.

Still follow club football every week and enjoy it. Will probably be at all of our qualifiers home and away but I wouldn't say i look forward to them in the way I used to.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting responses not the usual mixed up crap you usually get in reply on here...

Maybe the board has grown up or maybe cause no games only genuine mugs on here ha ha.

Sad to hear a few are packing in or thinking of it...would not blame anybody for doing so with the same old same old every campaign.

As someone put it,it makes it sweeter when you qualify, that used to work for me but has sadly diminished over the years

The big difference between me and you posting here is that I actually support Scotland.

You coming in here saying you don't regularly qualify when this will be the 3rd/4th(?) tournament since we last managed makes you come across as a smug #####.

Which would be my main problem.

Other than that, welcome. Make yourself at home. Why not tell everybody your views on Scottish Independence and if Rangers are still Rangers or not.

Some of the Scottish posters on here post on our Irish forum both before and after our respective teams fates were decided in this campaign as I have done on here.

I support Ireland not Scotland but so what? We have Northern Ireland posters on our forum who I usually disagree with but it makes the forum all the better.

How am I being smug let alone a smug #####?! Ireland has a poor qualifying record which has nothing to do with how Scotland get on. If you want to play the hard done by card then fair enough.

And to answer your points on the current manifestation of Rangers and Scottish Independence well it's not the same Rangers of old and I'd have been for Scottish Independence.

Well you've qualified for this one, qualified for Euro 2012 and also the 2002 world cup - All since we were both at France 98 which was our last tournament. Capiche!?

Jesus wept.

I think you'll find a certain Mr Oliviera who was about as Belgian as myself put an end to our France 98 ambitions.

We didn't qualify for anything until 1988 so Scotland have probably qualified for as many tournaments give or take as us but leaving that trivial stuff aside, Scotland not qualifying doesn't mean we're good at qualifying. It's a ridiculous comparison.

We've an average record in qualifying the last 15+ years but given the fact we're both very average teams, ourselves and yourselves will always be up against it as there'll always be at least 2 better teams in your qualifying group whether it's for a world cup or euros.

Any qualification no matter how poxed is a fantstic achievement for teams like ourselves,Scotland,Wales and Northern Ireland

Edited by irish

Interesting responses not the usual mixed up crap you usually get in reply on here...

Maybe the board has grown up or maybe cause no games only genuine mugs on here ha ha.

Sad to hear a few are packing in or thinking of it...would not blame anybody for doing so with the same old same old every campaign.

As someone put it,it makes it sweeter when you qualify, that used to work for me but has sadly diminished over the years

I'm still into it, booked up for Slovakia away, but that last campaign was a particularly sore one - so not surprised by the tone of this thread.

booked up for Malta most likely book Slovakia in the new year but feel rather down after the last campaign guess we have all been here before chin up as they say

Also booked up for Malta, bratislava and have plans for Wembley ( in and out supporters bus for me). Roll on 2016. Thick or thin, Scotland forever.

Ran right out of enthusiasm at the end of the last campaign and not qualifying even for a playoff was no surprise. Might be due to other circumstances (fkin terrible year) but not feeling it at the moment, I'm sure it will be back though and so will I, It's just what I do.

Got to say am EXTREMELY disappointed with the home jersey, that's no helped. Doesn't look like a Scotland jersey, fkin awful.

Ran right out of enthusiasm at the end of the last campaign and not qualifying even for a playoff was no surprise. Might be due to other circumstances (fkin terrible year) but not feeling it at the moment, I'm sure it will be back though and so will I, It's just what I do.

Got to say am EXTREMELY disappointed with the home jersey, that's no helped. Doesn't look like a Scotland jersey, fkin awful.

Invest in the pink then ? :ok:

Invest in the pink then ? :ok:

Stupidly I will buy both as I have all the jerseys since the 70s and have a collection to upkeep... won't be wearing the home one tho. No THAT inspired by the away yin but it's better than the home one.

Stupidly I will buy both as I have all the jerseys since the 70s and have a collection to upkeep... won't be wearing the home one tho. No THAT inspired by the away yin but it's better than the home one.

The last away one made you look very gay Barry. Lol

With three days to go I have yet to renew my SSC membership. I will probably do it though. I will never lose interest in the Scotland team but the traveling might come to an end. I always travel with my lad but as he and I get older priorities change.

Edited by EddardStark

With three days to go I have yet to renew my SSC membership. I will probably do it though. I will never lose interest in the Scotland team but the traveling might come to an end. I always travel with my lad but as he and I get older priorities change.

just renewed but l thought that early bird offer was on till early Feb ?

I've uttered the words "I'm not renewing" after every campaign but I always end up doing it...................just in case. Looking at the fixtures for next season I can't see us getting any more than 6 points out of the first four games. We should beat Malta and Lithuania but we will go away to Slovakia think that a draw is enough and we will it up.

We won't take anything from Wembley

I can't criticise those who are losing interest because there's nothing to be interested in.

Edited by vanderark14

Wouldn't like to say I've lost interest but a helluva lot more frustration has kicked in.

I still try to remember that for a country of our size, we have done not to bad overall.

In the last few campaigns, we haven't had the players of yesteryear such as your Souness, Law, Baxter etc but yet I think we still like to think of ourselves as better than what we actually are.

I know I do at times.

[quote name="jock strap" post="259919" timestamp="1451762496

I still try to remember that for a country of our size, we have done not to bad overall.

Think that viewpoint is one of the main reasons why we as a nation accept mediocrity far to easily.

Uruguay have a population 'only' 3.5 million and yet they've won 2 x world cups and a record 14 copa americas.

Football is our national sport, therefore we should be aiming for the very best, not simply being content with making up the numbers.