Losing Interest... - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Losing Interest...

scotsgary2

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? How many have we beaten in the past 8 years?...

Don't be daft. He didn't say we beat them. He just said we play well against them.....then obvs lose or draw. :-))

France home and away are the only ones I can think of. Although their ultimate performances in Euro 2008 would suggest they were no longer still the great team they were.

Any arguments about Scotland being too small a country are blown out the water by Wales, NI and Iceland! qualifying. The game in Scotland is in massive decline because the SFA are criminally incompetent. FFS when you get a guy like Barry Hearn publicly stating he would sack them you know it has to be pretty obviously fukked-up. This is the consequence of decades of mismanagement and it will probably take at least a decade to reverse. But that will never happen until people bring down the SFA and force regime change. Scottish fans are way too soft and accepting and in return you get an SFA that treats you like doormats.

edit: the thing that is most troubling is we are not producing any big name players at all now it seems. If Bale is the biggest name in Welsh football who would ours be, or even the top three players.

Edited by thplinth

Don't be daft. He didn't say we beat them. He just said we play well against them.....then obvs lose or draw. :-))

France home and away are the only ones I can think of. Although their ultimate performances in Euro 2008 would suggest they were no longer still the great team they were.

Ukraine we beat too. played well against Germany both times

yes that was a superb game. We did not bad at home v Italy as well. Also in 2005 the 1-1 draw against Italy too. Starting to go back a bit now but their actually aren't that many games per campaign.

We do seem to lose only by the one goal to a lot of big sides. That includes the 3-2 to England and Spain.

Georgia however.... They'll be thinking can they play us every week!

This might ruffle some people but Id rather play average and win than great and get a draw/loss.

Agree massively with those who say it's a mentality thing.

SAF drummed it into the team that you play for the entire match and never let your head go down if you go a goal down.

How many times did Man Utd score at the end, hence Fergie time.

This might ruffle some people but Id rather play average and win than great and get a draw/loss.

SAF drummed it into the team that you play for the entire match and never let your head go down if you go a goal down.

Have to agree and looking at our Euro campaign, how many times did ROI score late on many matches?

I could not give a about the quality of football. All I want to see is a nasty ugly win at all costs mentality from here on.

Nasty and ugly lets play to our strengths folks. :wink2:

I could not give a ###### about the quality of football. All I want to see is a nasty ugly win at all costs mentality from here on.

Nasty and ugly lets play to our strengths folks. :wink2:

ive been saying for ages we should have more fouls but ppl on here think i'm off my head or something.