Title Races Back On ? - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a betting man and I realize that this is not about the EPL but I was just on bet356 out of curiosity and Spurs at 10 to 1 against to win the league looks very attractive. I'd say they are about 3 to 1 max.

They have as good a chance as anyone I reckon. Man City are still the sensible bet, but they aren't exactly playing startling stuff by all accounts.

Touchy, pre-match nerves? :-))

No, none at all.

Simply aware that ICT played well (for 60 mins) on Saturday, and that Thistle are in good form.

It's football. I appreciate that you think that Aberdeen have a God-given right to win ever single game, but fortunately Dons fans think differently... :ok:

They have as good a chance as anyone I reckon. Man City are still the sensible bet, but they aren't exactly playing startling stuff by all accounts.

I am a bit of a believer in Goal Difference as a pre-indicator of (final) League position (but it is maybe the opposite!). I think Spurs look like the dark horse (19 games in is half way) who if they went on form... 10 to 1 is absurd*!

*value

Edited by thplinth

No, none at all.

Simply aware that ICT played well (for 60 mins) on Saturday, and that Thistle are in good form.

It's football. I appreciate that you think that Aberdeen have a God-given right to win ever single game, but fortunately Dons fans think differently... :ok:

Heard the last 20 mins of ICT at Hamilton, on the radio. They do seem in good form at the moment. Yogi has them playing well.

Dons must have had 70% territory and 70% possession. Aside from hitting the bar we've done nothing though. It's the kind of game that we struggle so often in.

Thistle are doing what it says on the tin....they're organised and difficult to break down. 10 men behind the ball when we have possession.

Our crossing has been beyond awful.

I must have watched a thousand games like that at Pittodrie over the last 40 years.

Aberdeen didn't play badly, but we just couldn't create chances against a team who were organised, compact and came set simply on a point.

Saying that, we missed 2 sitters in the last 5 minutes and if I had a pound for every pish cross we put in I wouldn't be on here now.

I feckin hate playing these teams at Pittodrie. If we could have 38 away games a season I'd be delighted.

I must have watched a thousand games like that at Pittodrie over the last 40 years.

Aberdeen didn't play badly, but we just couldn't create chances against a team who were organised, compact and came set simply on a point.

Saying that, we missed 2 sitters in the last 5 minutes and if I had a pound for every pish cross we put in I wouldn't be on here now.

I feckin hate playing these teams at Pittodrie. If we could have 38 away games a season I'd be delighted.

Swap every time you write Pittodrie for Easter Road and Aberdeen for Hibs then your post is just a generic post from Hibs.net last season

We're not that different after all

Edited by DoonTheSlope

Aberdeen didn't bottle it they just weren't good enough.

Don't forget Thistle had won 4 on the bounce so it's ignorant to think Aberdeen would turn them over easily.

Aberdeen's worst problem is when Rooney doesn't score no one else does

The final ball was beyond awful .Even then, McGinn, Rooney and Reynolds all missed decent (half) chances and why the feck Shinnie decided to take an extra touch instead of blooter the ball into an empty goal from 8 yards out will forever be a mystery.

Our biggest problem is no Plan B on a gluepot pitch, in December, against teams that come to sit with 10 men behind the ball for 90 minutes.

You're right though. We weren't good enough.

It's where you ate usually good too. Mcginn playing?