Nhs Scotland Outperforming The Rest Of The Uk - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Nhs Scotland Outperforming The Rest Of The Uk

And during the end of the referendum the SNP said the NHS would be destroyed within the UK. Thankfully it's not. If I have the misfortune of having to use the services over next few months I'll let you 2 know how it was.

And during the end of the referendum the SNP said the NHS would be destroyed within the UK. Thankfully it's not. If I have the misfortune of having to use the services over next few months I'll let you 2 know how it was.

They didn't say it would be destroyed by Dec 2015

Woe betide the rest of the UK if the performance of our NHS is something to strive towards. Having had all too many first hand experiences of late, it's truly appalling.

I don't believe there's a health service anywhere in the world that can't do better.

The NHS in general (UK-wide, including Scotland) is effectively 30 years past its sell-by date and is a failed institution.

However, it's all that we've got, and my OP was merely to highlight the comparitive UK-wide performances.

I don't believe there's a health service anywhere in the world that can't do better.

The NHS in general (UK-wide, including Scotland) is effectively 30 years past its sell-by date and is a failed institution.

However, it's all that we've got, and my OP was merely to highlight the comparitive UK-wide performances.

Agreed.

It's not quite all we have though but I appreciate that the alternative is too costly for most. I get Health Insurance through work and used it last year for physiotherapy and the quality of service was outstanding.

"We've got"?

So you're saying the NHS is pish but Scotland is less pish than England.

From one report. Ignoring totally different organisation and experiences in different areas.

You do know that you can give credit on very rare occasions when it is due and still maintain your political beliefs (whatever they may be). For example I am against the very essence of the Tory ethos, but I happily accept that some Tory policies have benefited the country. Your stance on independence leads you to constantly snipe and criticise the SNP when it is clear that their administration has benefited Scotland in a number of areas. As such, you can't really expect to be taken seriously when on those occasions you actually have something of substance to say.

The most important indication of NHS performance in any region are these ones in my humble opinion:

http://www.staffgovernance.scot.nhs.uk/monitoring-employee-experience/staff-survey/

Happy staff saves lives :ok:

The England regional one will make for grim reading over the next 5 years with a conservative majority.

Woe betide the rest of the UK if the performance of our NHS is something to strive towards. Having had all too many first hand experiences of late, it's truly appalling.

Not arguing, nor making party political points, but my own personal experience over last few years has been excellent (Scottish Borders).

(Of course most of us have very little other experience as a means of comparison).

My Gran has had excellent care these last few years. Before that a few misdiagnosis though (although one was hard to spot, the other was a bit of a feck up), but mostly positive things to say. Did a great job with my Dad years back saved his life. The vast majority of staff have been amazing, it seems budget, logistics problems dominate more.

I was replying back to Rossy especially his "we" commemt. Not commenting on SNP policy. But you see the comment and your logic thinks "it's an SNP dig".

so you didn't say this then? Okay, I apologise.

• 1 month later...

Just saw this

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/snp-launches-drive-to-lure-english-doctors-to-scotland-a6858206.html

"The Scottish government has launched an inflammatory campaign to poach junior doctors from England"

but doesn't explain why it's inflammatory?

"The campaign is likely to draw anger in Westminster" - by whom?

Just saw this

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/snp-launches-drive-to-lure-english-doctors-to-scotland-a6858206.html

"The Scottish government has launched an inflammatory campaign to poach junior doctors from England"

63766283.jpg

Just saw this

The comments have almost universally attacked the article. And a poster called Alan.

J