Grey Tracky Bottoms - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Grey Tracky Bottoms

Anyone else think that wearing these in public is unacceptable? Or have I turned into a total snob?

It's almost a year since I was last in Glasgow so maybe it's always been like that and I just didn't notice before but the amount of people jumpin around in those grey tracksuit bottoms is unbelievable. Of course everyone needs a pair for kicking about the house but nobody should ever consider actually leaving the house with them! The final straw was observing someone leaving the Hugo Boss shop wearing a pair and then see ing another one in a fairly respectable pub (OK...waxy's). The guys shouldn't even have been allowed into either of them!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else think that wearing these in public is unacceptable? Or have I turned into a total snob?

It's almost a year since I was last in Glasgow so maybe it's always been like that and I just didn't notice before but the amount of people jumpin around in those grey tracksuit bottoms is unbelievable. Of course everyone needs a pair for kicking about the house but nobody should ever consider actually leaving the house with them! The final straw was observing someone leaving the Hugo Boss shop wearing a pair and then see ing another one in a fairly respectable pub (OK...waxy's). The guys shouldn't even have been allowed into either of them!

Waxy's is a ned haven so not surprised. Fairly respectable my arse!

To me guys in a pub in grey trackie bottoms is the equivalent to women in their "jammies" in the supermarket.....

Ned City in the extreme!

There was a lassie in the Chinese takeaway last night in her dressing gown. I thought maybe she lived upstairs or something but then got her order and jumped into a car.

Ned City must be twinned with Newport.

Really depends.

If you're 21 and cutting about in a nice pair of grey Jack Wills or Hollister sweat pants that are still the same shape as the day they were bought = acceptable

If you're a 45 year old man wearing a pair of washed out, baggy, shapeless grey joggers with dubious discolouring around the crotch and arse = unacceptable

Really depends.

If you're 21 and cutting about in a nice pair of grey Jack Wills or Hollister sweat pants that are still the same shape as the day they were bought = acceptable

If you're a 45 year old man wearing a pair of washed out, baggy, shapeless grey joggers with dubious discolouring around the crotch and arse = unacceptable

Neither is acceptable in public.

How about when you're doing a home renovation and realise you haven't eaten for 12 hours and there is nowt in to eat? You and the other half discuss " it, let's jump down to Tesco (local, 3 mins drive away) and see what hot cooked chickens and ready made mash and veg they have."? Do we wait for each other to get changed into more socially acceptable clothes? Do we feck!

Am I alone in not knowing what these grey tracky bottoms are?

Absolutely.

How about when you're doing a home renovation and realise you haven't eaten for 12 hours and there is nowt in to eat? You and the other half discuss "###### it, let's jump down to Tesco (local, 3 mins drive away) and see what hot cooked chickens and ready made mash and veg they have."? Do we wait for each other to get changed into more socially acceptable clothes? Do we feck!

Sorry, but tracksuit bottoms are only acceptable for children and people doing sporting activities.

How about when you're doing a home renovation and realise you haven't eaten for 12 hours and there is nowt in to eat? You and the other half discuss "###### it, let's jump down to Tesco (local, 3 mins drive away) and see what hot cooked chickens and ready made mash and veg they have."? Do we wait for each other to get changed into more socially acceptable clothes? Do we feck!

I'd almost accept those type of exceptions when you are immersed in that type of work but I'd still probably get into a quick pair of jeans.

Really depends.

Tidy.

Mine are hollister :)

But I'm not 21 :(